Will we see ETFs done with when switching from Uverse to DTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maverick22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2015
Dallas, TX
I like everything about Uverse except (and 3 major ones IMO):
1) picture quality
2) with each HD stream I'm using my internet speed is affected
3) small hard drive of the DVR

I wish that AT&T-DTV would give us something like Fios, the best of both worlds: DTVs picture quality with the reliability (not going out during storms) of Uverse. My Uverse has been absolutely rock solid the past 2 years!

Every time I go to my parents' house though I get envious of DTV's PQ. I am thinking of switching back to DTV soon. I miss the outstanding PQ, watching/recording without my Internet speed taking a hit, and the larger hard drive storage. I'd like to switch for free since they are nearly one company now, right? Anyone see this happening soon?

I don't know that the company has integrated DirecTV to the point that they can do that without someone making a solid exception to waive the Uverse ETF.

I think your best bet is to contact AT&T Retention by calling to cancel your service and ask about changing to DirecTV.

i thought AT&T was calling their customers to GET them to switch. if at all possible, try doing it with an online rep so you can get the conversation emailed. that way if they promise anything outrageous you have proof :).

i thought AT&T was calling their customers to GET them to switch. if at all possible, try doing it with an online rep so you can get the conversation emailed. that way if they promise anything outrageous you have proof :).
I don't know that they are making calls to their own subs and ask them to switch.
They may be discussing with people that call in to them as a potential solution ...

I don't know that they are making calls to their own subs and ask them to switch.
They may be discussing with people that call in to them as a potential solution ...

Go Buckeyes!

Anyway, Currently a U-Verse TV Only customer, Before my contract expired, they mentioned it would be taken care of, but I did not switch. I would just be sure they say no ETF, or its paid for. It's the same company! (Remember the nightmares between Sirius and XM for the first 7-8 years)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AT&T TV Subs Decline in Q4, Despite Strong DirecTV U.S. Gains

All Series Links Deleted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)