Wife won, I am upgrading!

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, my wife and daughter won. It was between buying some FTA gear or upgrading to the VIP 622. I wanted FTA, wife and daughter wanted MonstersHD, so they won. Oh well, I am excited about it too :)

Well, I wanted to do the Monster channel back in Jan, but talked to someone at Dish that told me to wait until spring. Then I found out I could not get the Manoster HD pack added to my 811, so I scrapped it. So I am happy :)

Hall, you didn't see Jaws in HD? I've watched that and A Nightmare on Elm Street thus far... not a lot of things I want to see, but I've never big that big of a fan of that genre of movie.

Halloween was on too!!!! Good stuff. All of those are sitting on the 622 waiting for external HD's to be added so I can offload them :)

With DishHD-Lite, you'll both lose...:( Your excitement will quickly fade when you see Jaws and Nightmare on Elm Street (especially if you had an opportunity to see them on DishHD earlier this year).

"I used to be a HD-Elitist but, after being bitstarved and horizontally manipulated, I am now a HD-Liteist." ~riffjim4069 (circa 2006)

1. FiOS/FTA/Star Choice
99. DishHD-Lite
100. DirecTV HD-Lite

On a positve note, the ViP622 is an outstanding receiver!!!

I honestly don't care about HD. I have had a high def tv for a few years, and I rarely watch anything in HD. We mainly just want a dual tuner dvr and the Monster channel :)

hall said:
I've only had it for a month or so but have yet to see anything I like on that channel....
And you have probably seen the things you dont like 799 times!

Monsters HD is terrific.

There's always some great corny or classic horror flick to watch. Or, an old black and white gem like "The Creature From The Black Lagoon". Or, a moderm classic like "Jaws" or "Evil Dead". Or, an old 50s commie-scare flick like "Invaders From Mars" or "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

And, the 5.1 digital surround sound is superb.

Tom Bombadil said:
Hmmm ... when I zoom in on that picture-in-a-pc-window of David, he looks kinda zombie'ish, in a Shaun way.
I was thinking more like Drax, from Moonraker
Lonsdale.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Well you will be pleased the the HD Dish as by far better than anyone else has in the nation by far.. :)

I'm not!! :eek: zombie movies always freak my out for some reason. I literally have nightmares for a while if I watch any zombie related movie!!! :eek: :eek: the other movies are ok, mainly 'nightmare on elm street' !! :D

Tom Bombadil said:
What!

No one is watching the Zombie Fest of the past few days?

MonstersHD was a big draw for my wife and I. We both love the horror genre and I can't say I have many complaints about the content other than the endless repeating. It's a very fun channel to have.

Lease vs. Own

Weird HD Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)