Why is there no information on the music choice channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
On Direct tv the information is brief and the the picture is black. Why can't the information cover the whole page and stay on thru the whole song?

Why do you need your TV/Monitor on while listening to music channels? Once and a while I'll pop the TV on if we are wondering the title/artist info, but other than that there is no reason do put any more hours on your TV than you have to. Tune to your station of choice and if you are wired correctly into your sound system you can just turn off the tube after you are on the channel you like.

Some models (particulary older ones) of D* receivers do this - get a newer receiver... ;) ;)
I like the Hughes ones the best - they print the song info in a scrolling fashing, so that while you always have the song info up, it is continuously moving on the screen to avoid the burn in problem.

I'm sure that different recievers handle this differently. My sammy 360 goes into screen saver mode if left unattended for too long, and you have to change channels to take it out of screen saver mode. I usually turn the tv off anyway, since I'm listening to music.
What would be very cool, is if on the D* website they scrolled the song info for each of the channels. That way you could see the name/artist right away, no sat. bandwith is used and no one would burn in their televisions.

I honestly don't know if any of the recievers can display the info the way that you are looking for, Harrelson 69... perhaps try a sat. radio service???

My old Sony receiver used to display a whole screen with song info, album info as well as a way to purchase it through your remote but that was part of the now inop wink interactive service.

Cr0mag that sounds pretty cool but they would have to get MusicMatch to actually do it I would think...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Please help: pay per view dialing

Which ones are Directtv birds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts