Why is Sundance in with the Platinum channels?

I find this growing trend of duplicating channel numbers to be annoying (i'm not talking about the 9400's and others). Indieplex, Retroplex, Epix1 Epix2, MGM (all in the 290's as well as in the platinum range) and now Sundance. What's the point of these duplicates? I know I can block them, which I do for 9400's, 6400's, 8200's, etc., but it shouldn't be necessary. I don't get it!

Is Sundance STILL part of the Platinum package? I apparently wasn't paying attention when it got moved there, but I was looking at the channel lineup on www.dish.com/lineup tonight and I saw that it was there. It's not listed as subscribed on my receiver. In fact, the channel on 322, if it's really there as well as its normal position at 332, doesn't show up AT ALL. If it's really supposed to be in Platinum, this would make at least the THIRD time in recent memory that a channel has NOT been authorized on my receiver when it's supposed to have been! I'm getting tired of calling for re-hits.

Does 389 work? Yes, Sundance is in the Dish Platinum package.

I ask because when I go to the Dish Platinum package on our internal site, 332 is not listed, only 389. 332 is listed in our big channel list, but shows to be tied to the same packages

Last edited:

Phone Call from Dish the Day Before a Bill is Due?

Deactivating Satellite 129 from Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)