Why do I keep watching??????

So the 1991 Pennant race was enough for you to accept another 20 years of medicare ball ?

It made up for all the hard times prior. 1966-1990.

Luckily Braves have remained a top flight organization.

My only point to cybok is that teams like the Pirates can rise up from horrid circumstances.

Pirates have some young talent and a top 5 Ballpark. Hopefully they can turn it around in the next couple of seasons.

Isn't it about time for you to turn your attention span toward CFB and begin compiling the list of greivances and explanations(not excuses:() for that First Buckeye flameout.:)

It made up for all the hard times prior. 1966-1990.

Luckily Braves have remained a top flight organization.

My only point to cybok is that teams like the Pirates can rise up from horrid circumstances.

Pirates have some young talent and a top 5 Ballpark. Hopefully they can turn it around in the next couple of seasons.

Isn't it about time for you to turn your attention span toward CFB and begin compiling the list of greivances and explanations(not excuses:() for that First Buckeye flameout.:)

Until they get a #1 and #2 starter and one more power hitter for a corner field, Millage isn't that good, they will lose.

I also like the White sox but it's kind of a far drive to see them. The games they come to Pittsburgh I use to go see, it's a win win situation for me.

You have no taste. You deserve the Pirates.;)

He needs a baseball DIVORCE and find a better team to follow. :)
Doesn't have to be a front runner, just a BETTER one.

About that time, the Pirates will be good ! :eek:

You're a real fan..and not a fair weather type. ;)

Usually , in this case, I would allow the HOME team (obviously) as well as ONE other team.

When I was younger, I use to watch the Tigers every chance I got, my grandfather started all that ! Bless his soul !
However, I also followed the Reds :)
Really liked the Big Red Machine and was a HUGE Pete Rose fan.
Still followed both teams, but rooted for both teams, seeing they were in different leagues, it didn't bother me or conflict, seeing the Tigers and Reds never made the WS against each other. :D

Well, thats a real fan. Look at the bright side, at least they don't have 101 years without a title.

I cannot relate to you as a Blue Jays fan, for most the time they finish with a winning record,
but its just too much competition with the big pockets on that division. Then, the Rays suddenly are a winning team, so I know I can't expect much but seeing my favorite team win a few games and enjoy it when they do (specially when they beat those big pockets). Then when the season is over, as a baseball fan, I just enjoy the playoffs, as simple as that.

My advice, sit back, relax, enjoy your favorite drink and snack (either in front of the TV or at the ballpark) while you watch your team, After all it's still Major league baseball.

Well, thats a real fan. Look at the bright side, at least they don't have 101 years without a title.

I cannot relate to you as a Blue Jays fan, for most the time they finish with a winning record,
but its just too much competition with the big pockets on that division. Then, the Rays suddenly are a winning team, so I know I can't expect much but seeing my favorite team win a few games and enjoy it when they do (specially when they beat those big pockets). Then when the season is over, as a baseball fan, I just enjoy the playoffs, as simple as that.

My advice, sit back, relax, enjoy your favorite drink and snack (either in front of the TV or at the ballpark) while you watch your team, After all it's still Major league baseball.

If you go back just a bit you may remember when the Tigers were ALSO in that same AL EAST !

Ahh the memories, 1987, second best record in the majors and still out of the playoffs. :eek:

Just for clarification - you are talking about the Blue Jays,correct?

I didn't feel like reading all the posts. So I'm assuming you're a BJ fan.

That was quite an exciting season, especially the last two weeks - 7 games between the Tigers/Blue Jays, all decided by 1 run, each game. The Tigers come from 3 1/2 back to win the division, and then lost to the Twins in the playoffs.

Just for clarification - you are talking about the Blue Jays,correct?

I didn't feel like reading all the posts. So I'm assuming you're a BJ fan.

That was quite an exciting season, especially the last two weeks - 7 games between the Tigers/Blue Jays, all decided by 1 run, each game. The Tigers come from 3 1/2 back to win the division, and then lost to the Twins in the playoffs.

Yup, I was at one of the last three games ....
That was the year the Tigers felt they didn't have any use for a guy named John Smoltz and traded for Doyle Alexander.

Fwiw, we all know what Doyle did for us that year :up

Yup, I was at one of the last three games ....
That was the year the Tigers felt they didn't have any use for a guy named John Smoltz and traded for Doyle Alexander.

Fwiw, we all know what Doyle did for us that year :up

John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander was to Tigers fans what Jeff Bagwell for Larry Andersen was to Red Sox fans.

Both Alexander and Andersen helped their respective teams to division titles (especially Alexander), but both were acquired for future perennial all-stars..........and in Smoltz' case, a sure HOF.

John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander was to Tigers fans what Jeff Bagwell for Larry Andersen was to Red Sox fans.

Both Alexander and Andersen helped their respective teams to division titles (especially Alexander), but both were acquired for future perennial all-stars..........and in Smoltz' case, a sure HOF.

Yes, a very SAD day in Tiger history.

Marlins fire Fredi Gonzalez

WHO are these San Diego Padres??!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)