Why Directv ? I think they are sucking

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I find it odd that ABC would send a HD Feed to every other company except for Dtv, Yes the Hot pass was on in hd, so if D has the h.p. why couldnt they show it as a regular race in hd?

Seems like I being picky, But I dont understand how the D gets a blackout from ABC?

ok...lemme try and explain this to you
The race was on ABC...plain and simple
Your ABC pre-empted it for local coverage
Directv put his feed up as a COURTESY to those who would have it pre-empted
It was in SD.....Directv couldnt put it up in HD due to other HD bandwidth being taken for the hotpass channels
Cable companies can take that ABC feed and put it on a different channel. In this case as you said it was on ESPN. But they could have put it on a public access channel.

For all we know it could have been blacked out in areas that didnt have it pre-empted.

They do this for college football season too. When there are 2 games on ABC at same time one is on ESPN2 in HD the other is on an alt channel in SD.
Directv is a nationwide company. They cannot accomodate everyone like a local company can.

I would also love to add to that great explanation is something most users lose sight of; is how much different the FCC and the "rules" treat satellite service as a whole. They totally kiss the assess of local affiliates and the cable industry as a whole giving plenty of unfair concessions and advantages..

Long time Dtv guy here, I need some questions answered if you all can.

I am a long time Dtv customer. I have purchased the NFL package since it was available I have bought the NASCAR pack and MLB Extra Innings a few times, I have 4 boxes 2 HD DVR's and 2 reg. boxes. I bought my HD TV's because Dtv is the leader in HD.

OK

Why does Comcast and Verizon Have the Nascar Race on their Regular ESPN HD Channels and Dtv doesn't?

Dtv gets the race on 211SD! Bad picture.

If Dtv provides Verizon with signal why are the Verizon guys getting better tv than me? (I don't care about the NFL package anymore, it costs too much. Plus I can go next door and watch the Red Zone for free on Verizon or Comcrap.)

When I call Dtv, they act like they don't care! (must be that I'm under contract?)

Thanks for looking

Tom

Fixed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sudden audio issues

What to do with old dishes on the roof when switching to DTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)