Why are sat uplinkers jumping ship on the new ses2 sat (87w)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
First Nasa!now This and MeTv and can RTV be far behind? leaving the new ses2 satellite.Whats the cause?Can it be from a good big rate hike for rent on that sat to pay for it.Im thinking they are leaving due to this and going to a older satellite that has been paid for with lower rent costs.

I'm guessing it's money. NASA claims that they moved to 105 to be available to cable systems, but what self-respecting cable system doesn't have the capability to pick up multiple satellites? (Other than one of those HeadendInTheSky ones.) My podunk one had three full-size C-band dishes, and the one that bought them out and ran fiber from their hub in the county seat (but hardly a metropolis) had a toroid.

I was able to get few PBS channels and Mta channels, and two other channels on my KU band. I don't know if i need a C band to get the rest. There are some Scrambled channels I picked up I only hear audio from the channels. I have a motor dish sg9120b, openbox s10 and a 87cm dish. I am thinking of getting 120cm dish to use it for KU/C band Lnb

Yep you'll need c-band to get the rest, many of the satellites are dual c/ku band. Go whole-hog though, if you can, get an 8' or bigger dish for stable c-band reception.

I am thinking of getting 120cm dish to use it for KU/C band Lnb

Not trying to be negative, but you'll likely have a very poor experience with C-Band on a 1.2 meter dish if you use a C/Ku LNBF. These require precise alignment, and don't perform extremely well even on big dishes. If you decide to use a 1.2 for C-Band minibudding, it is best to use a dedicated C-Band LNBF.

turbosat said:
Yep you'll need c-band to get the rest, many of the satellites are dual c/ku band. Go whole-hog though, if you can, get an 8' or bigger dish for stable c-band reception.

Well, right now I live in an apartment complex. I am working on getting my own place very soon. The bigger dish will have to wait.

Tron said:
Not trying to be negative, but you'll likely have a very poor experience with C-Band on a 1.2 meter dish if you use a C/Ku LNBF. These require precise alignment, and don't perform extremely well even on big dishes. If you decide to use a 1.2 for C-Band minibudding, it is best to use a dedicated C-Band LNBF.

I guess I will have to do what you said. Right now I'm talking to good people like you with experience before I decided to do any satellite installations. I currently live in an apartment complex I am working on getting my own place with enough space to be able to to install my dish. Thanx for you advice

With a dedicated C-Band LNBF, you'll get a sampling of C-Band on a 1.2 meter. Stronger transponders only, though, don't expect miracles.

The big advantage of C-Band on a 1.2 meter is that an ordinary H-H motor can be used to move the dish (no need for G/V-Box and actuator)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

USALS on Openbox S9

I need help getting a True South on dish motor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts