Which UHF band is stronger?

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I've been having some UHF signal trouble with my 21.0 remote for TV2. Right now, I'm using the band A. I'm thinking if I should switch to and try using band B. But I'm not sure which UHF band has the stronger signal, A or B? Has anyone tried switching from one band to another and had any luck? Any help would be appreciated.

It isn't so much which is stronger, it is which has the least interference in your home.

On band A, I could barely get 20 ft through a couple of walls and floors. I switched to band B and easily got 50 ft. I don't know why, but it worked much, much better for me. The only other RF going on in my house is the standard 2.4GHz wireless LAN and a couple of cordless phones, so I don't think there was any interference.

Building construction among other things plays a role. What interferes with one UHF band/channel may not as much with another. If band B were that much "Stronger" it would be the default. In my house each reach virtually exactly as far. However, band "B" is not affected as much by my LCD TV. When in the same room, B is a little better, But upstairs, both the same. When I turn off the TV, both the same in the same room. Your mileage may vary.

So I guess it varies per household. When I was using my old 6.3 remote, I was using band A, remote address #7 and the signal was perfect. I'm using the same exact setup for my 21.0 remote, and the signal is so-so. I'll play around with it some more over the weekend and hopefully I'll find a perfect signal again.

So I guess it varies per household. When I was using my old 6.3 remote, I was using band A, remote address #7 and the signal was perfect. I'm using the same exact setup for my 21.0 remote, and the signal is so-so. I'll play around with it some more over the weekend and hopefully I'll find a perfect signal again.
I have used 26 on the b band several times and it works like a charm.

There's a few ways to increase the range:
Add a length of cable to the antenna so it can be positioned to a place where it picks up the signal better (usually a higher position and away from other electronics)
Try a cheap bowtie UHF antenna (I bet you even have one laying around somewhere)
Add an amplifier like I did since all my receivers are in a utility closet in the center of my house

Well, I played around with it today and right now, I have a better signal on Band B, address #10. I'll leave it at that for a day or two and see what happens.

There's a few ways to increase the range:
Add a length of cable to the antenna so it can be positioned to a place where it picks up the signal better (usually a higher position and away from other electronics)
Try a cheap bowtie UHF antenna (I bet you even have one laying around somewhere)
Add an amplifier like I did since all my receivers are in a utility closet in the center of my house

Or for those with real skills, a couple splitters and a few small jumpers will let you backfeed it to where you need it.

I always use code 18 UHF Pro Band B

Why get a usb wfii adapter on a 722/k w built in homeplug?

An important lesson regarding internet speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)