Which Satellite Finder will work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2devnull

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I am about to install my DTV international dish to get 101 and 95 sats. I would like to know which cost effective (not birddog) satellite finder will be able to pick up the 95 deg satellite. I see some on sale on the internet, SF-10, SF-99 and SF-1000. Will any of these work? or am I wasting time and money ordering them? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. :confused:

Dont peak to the 95 peak to the 101, the 95 will fall right in if you have the tilt set correctly...

Thank you for the tip. Where would I get the tilt information from?

urnote96 said:
Dont peak to the 95 peak to the 101, the 95 will fall right in if you have the tilt set correctly...

That only works with the Oval D* international dish. Doesn't work with the Round 87cm dish.

I have the oval one. How do I know what tilt to use?

34711 or 34736
We are about to be annexed into another town so please let me know for both. Thank you.

i have a birdog meter and it works for everything i have pointed alot of 95 dishes with it hmm but i need to order a new battery for it

Little off topic
mastecinstaller said:
i have a birdog meter and it works for everything i have pointed alot of 95 dishes with it hmm but i need to order a new battery for it

Have radio shack build one its cheaper and last longer if correctly charged the first time around (8-16hrs) and then when it reachs 1-5%.

grydlok said:
az = 200
elv = 55
Tilt/Skew = 112

That should help

Where did you get these numbers? I use many online calculators and none are coming up with these numbers. Obviously those are for calculating either 95 or 101, what formula/calculation did you use to get these numbers for BOTH 95 and 101 together? Thank you.

Well I have the 95/101 cordinates paperwork to the left of me. I looked up your zipcode to see what city you where in.
It's easy, if you line up the 101 and get a signal about 93-95 the 95w will come in. You don't really need a birdog unless you using the 87cm dish.

I am in the middle of the setup now. What should I choose when the receiver ask me which type of setup I have (round dish with 1 or 2 lnb, oval dish with 2 lnb, oval dish with 3 lnb etc.) I have the international dish. Which one do I choose?

You should do an auto detect after pointing the dish and this will bring in the other satellite. If you need to get to the signal meter just select round dish for now and do the auto detect at a later time.

Got it working on my D-10s. Now will try it on the Directv Tivo.

When doing auto-detect, I cannot get my R-10 to move from 84% on the "Satellite Info" screen. It states, "Please wait while the Recorder acquires information from the satellite. This will take several minutes."

It has been on 84% for about an hour now. How long should the wait be? Any ideas?? Help!!

BTW - It did detect the 101 and 95 birds via the 4x4 multi-switch.

At the bottom it says:

State: FAST_LOAD | Net: a005 Tx: 2 SCID 0x829 | Networks Completed: 4 of 5
Sorter: 25967 (0 dropped) | Waiting for ULO... | Lock - True

I Called tech support and they say my brand new never used R-10 is defective and want to send me a refurbished replacement. Is it true that this thing is truly done with? I can still watch live TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Installation Companies in Okla. or Texas

D* Whole House Server

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)