where to diplex?

dubblbubbl

Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys and gals,

I've been doing some searches for 'diplexers' on this forum and have not stumbled on an answer to my conundrum, too many hits, not enough time.

I am a DISH subscriber that would like to add some OTA signal to my 6 tv's. I would like to mount an antenna on the dish stand mounted to the roof and then run that signal over the same coax that feeds the two 44 switches that in turn feed all the drops in the house. My question is, where should I diplex the OTA signal into the circuit? My initial thought (plan A) was to diplex on the drops that I want ota on, but that would require splitting and amp'ing(?) the OTA or use of seperate antennas (using monoprice's 5700) per feed. But seems like that's making my point the hard way, so now (plan B) I would like to investigate diplexing the OTA and one of the coax feeds coming from the lnb's on the way to the switch(es) and then diplex on each drop near the tvs and run the ota signal straight to the tv with the sat feed going to the Dish receivers. What is the standard way of integrating OTA if not my plan B above?

I have some DPD2 diplexers on the way and will be looking to implement the plan of attack sometime in the near future, I'm sure this kind of question is answered somewhere else so don't be shy about pasting a link.

Thanks in advance,

dubblbubbl

Last edited:
You cannot pass an OTA signal through a switch, you will need to do each line seperately.

appreciate the reply

You cannot pass an OTA signal through a switch, you will need to do each line seperately.

That's exactly what I needed to know. I didn't know if I could pass the combined signal through the switch, so looks like plan A or some variant is what's in store. What that does do is allows me to mount the antenna in the attic. Thanks again.

VIP 211 EHD issue

Reply from ceo@dishnetwork.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts