Where can I get this hard to find lnbf holder (see picture)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nazareno7

Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
US
I can not find an online retailer that sells this hard to find lnbf holder. Not even sadoun.com (where I found the picture) have it for sale. Thanks!

Fortec-120cm-LNBF-Holder.jpg

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Fortec-Star/Dishes/Fortec-120cm-LNBF-Holder.jpg

yes, quite unusual:

It might help to know what sort of dish it fits on.

I'd give Mr. Sadoun a phone call tomorrow, and ask about it.
He may have one lurking in his vast warehouse, or even hiding in his desk drawer.

It might help to know what sort of dish it fits on.

I'd give Mr. Sadoun a phone call tomorrow, and ask about it.
He may have one lurking in his vast warehouse, or even hiding in his desk drawer.

Thanks Anole for your help, it is very appreciated. The reason I’m trying to find this lnbf holder is that I have a 160 cm ku dish with a rectangular (Direct TV) mount (I live in the Caribbean). These dishes are usually used to receive circular ku transmissions. But I would like to receive linear satellites. I have used an universal lnbf bracket (the one that’s usually sold by online retailers and at online auction sites). The problem with that bracket, on a relatively big dish with a rectangular mount, is that the lnbf is short (height). Even if you extend the bracket to its maximum height the lnbf cannot reach the position where the standard rectangular lnbf sits. With the lnbf holder, shown in the picture, the linear lnbf sits at the correct height and at the right angle. I know this because a friend has the same antenna I have and could not get several satellites (and transponders) with the standat lnb bracket. But when he bought one of these lnbf holders, he was able to correct the problem and get the satellites and missing transponders. The difference in signal gain is big. Unfortunately he bought his at a garage sale and the person in charge of the sale did not know where they got it. In summary that’s the reason I would like to buy that lnbf holder. Again I want to thank you for your help. Thanks!

You can try a universal LNB holder from this company:
Accessories-FTA Satellite Equipment brack
it is adjustable, check out picture.

Or you can try and make your own with electric conduit holders

Attachments

• 2009_0731_sat_bracket0007.JPG
    2009_0731_sat_bracket0007.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 2009_0731_sat_bracket0004.JPG
    2009_0731_sat_bracket0004.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 228
Do you know how well their Triple LNB bracket or 4-12 degree dual LNB bracket work?
No Willie I don't, I'm a single motorized dish with one lnb kind of guy.

I use smaller dishes to go satellite dxing. I go down to bay to try and get stations from 8 & 12.5 W. The elevation is very low for me to get with my 90cm tripod mounted motorized dish in front of my house. 15w to 125w is the limit.

I'm impressed with your windows media center, a home brew media center is going to be one of this winters projects. Any feed back on your setup??
thanks
Mike Lib

$2 @ hardware store:

Or you can try and make your own with electric conduit holders
I'm with Mike. Here's a similar bracket I used to mount an LNB at the correct height & angle.
Exact same problem: rectangular-based LNB was replaced by an LNB needing to be mounted by its neck.
Read the adjacent posts in that thread for more construction and alignment info.
Since you have the original to compare to, it should be no problem.

And here is another way to be sure you get the LNB located correctly.
Template trick to locate new LNB at the proper focus, when replacing it:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ert-superdish-true-fta-use-2.html#post1540313

Caution look out for the FTA Hobby Bug

Thanks Anole for your help, it is very appreciated. The reason I’m trying to find this lnbf holder is that I have a 160 cm ku dish with a rectangular (Direct TV) mount (I live in the Caribbean). These dishes are usually used to receive circular ku transmissions. But I would like to receive linear satellites. I have used an universal lnbf bracket (the one that’s usually sold by online retailers and at online auction sites). The problem with that bracket, on a relatively big dish with a rectangular mount, is that the lnbf is short (height). Even if you extend the bracket to its maximum height the lnbf cannot reach the position where the standard rectangular lnbf sits. With the lnbf holder, shown in the picture, the linear lnbf sits at the correct height and at the right angle. I know this because a friend has the same antenna I have and could not get several satellites (and transponders) with the standat lnb bracket. But when he bought one of these lnbf holders, he was able to correct the problem and get the satellites and missing transponders. The difference in signal gain is big. Unfortunately he bought his at a garage sale and the person in charge of the sale did not know where they got it. In summary that’s the reason I would like to buy that lnbf holder. Again I want to thank you for your help. Thanks!
Before you start to build the LNB bracket I must caution you about the FTA Hobby Bug. It starts with a small LNB bracket, and then you have a nice size dish you might want to try receiving C-Band so you make another LNB holder, you might want to motorize the dish and you make a different mount. You’re up to 300 or 400 post on satelliteguys giving out advice because the FTA Hobby Bug bit you… LOL Good luck on your endeavors you can always post here for advice, instructions and general support.
Mike Lib

Thanks guys for providing valuable information on how to build a custom lnbf holder.

Mikelib :
Too late, the FTA Hobby Bug have already bitten me. Now I'm seriously considering buying a BUD. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

My motorized WS international 1.2 meter dish

Motorize an 1.5M offset dish with actuator, is possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts