What's up with this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zhadum5000

Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
I've been a Directv customer for 10 years. I called the movers connection to take my Directv with me and I'm told I have to wait 3 weeks before they can come out to my new house for the install. After sitting here for 2 weeks without tv, my mother calls to say that she called to get Directv and that they were coming the next day to install hers. The real kicker is that she only lives 7 miles away. So while she's home watching Directv I'll be here for another week looking at a blank screen.

It's not fair, but new subs always seem to get preferential treatment. You need to get the local installing company's number & at least get on their 'early cancellation' list. You'd be surprised how many people cancel at the last minute & have nothing to do for a few hours. You can also go to your mothers install & talk directly with her installer & see what he can do for you. It's a busy time of the year but be proactive in this. It's also nice to learn the basics of installing these things so you can at the very least setup a temporary install in one room. After reading a few of the install manuals on this forum it's not too hard to get the ball rolling. Taking your old dish with you could be the concern if its mounted directly over roof tiles; if it's on a pole take the sucker with you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DIRECTV: CONUS and LIL Transponder Maps

So, we may see a new national HD channel soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts