What's the biggest disappointment of the Fall TV Season?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Well, the fall season is about over. Unlike last year, we did not have a slew of early cancellations; but I am curious what you think the greatest disappointment of the season has been? And what was the best surprise?

For me, Bionic Woman was the most anticipated, but most disappointing show of the new year. Oh, Michelle Ryan provided a little eye candy, (as did Katee), but the show is really bad. No chemistry - and no attempt whatsoever to draw from the 70s show. :( Second for me is Kelsey Grammar's Back to You. What a dud. Stupid comedy. Third, for a quick death (at least on my DVR) was Dirty Sexy Money. Just dumb.

Biggest Surprise: Chuck. I didn't even like the pilot, which I saw before it even actually aired on NBC. Now, it is one of the most anticipated show of the week. Second surprise: Pushing Daisies. Quirky, fun, different, and Anna Friel is just a treat to watch (particularly with my Evangeline Lilly still on Lost hiatus).

My biggest disappointment is the writers strike. How many of these good new shows are going to fall in ratings because they do not have many episodes to rerun. I love Chuck, Reaper, Pushing Daiseys, etc.

Can they survive the strike?

Yes, I would say the writers strike has made this tv season the shortest in recent history. Nothing but reality tv and reruns from this point on UNLESS they settle soon. I would agree that "Bionic Woman" has been a big dissapointment. I keep watching hoping for some glimmer of hope but the show is boring. " Dirty sexy money" I watch and I like the people in the show ,great actors but they are not used to the best benefit . I doubt it would have any audience without the leadin from "The Practice." Overall the shows have been much better this year I think. I love "Journeyman" but I am sure it will get flushed since it requires an audience to actually think a bit. " Pushing Daises" is a fun show and I do enjoy the bright colors of the sets and the quirky bed time story telling of the moderator . My 7 year old kid likes to watch this everytime he sees it, but he doesn't always get what is going on. I just don't see this show lasting for many years because the plot device is limited. How many dead people can he touch? " Chuck" I couldn't get into at all. Got bored after one episode. "Reaper" has turned out to be funny and much better written than I thought it would. But then again it is limited in scope because it will get old after a while when Sam never grows up and gets out of the Work Bench store for a real job. I feel no chemistry between the girl and Sam at all. Sam is funny though and he actually is believable as a confused kid . How do you forgive your parents for selling your soul to the devil?

Bionic Woman definately could be better, but Flash Gordon is my biggest disappointment. I'm actually surprised its still running as long as it has been.

Yes, Flash Gordon is up there; I stopped recording long ago. It didn't help that it was just in crappy SciFi SD.

I realize the strike is the biggest disappointment, but I am thinking about the shows themselves.

I quit watching Flash Gordon a month or two ago . I got tired of the story line. I still think the 1980 version starring Sam Jones was better and more like the origional black and white serial.

Without a doubt Flash Gordon, barely made it through the first episode. Bionic Woman started out good but has totally fizzled. Chuck is my favorite new show, the first couple were iffy but it has gotten better with every episode IMHO.

I agree the Bionic Woman is probably the biggest disapointment of the season. But I have to disagree about Kelsey Grammar's Back to You. I have really enjoyed it so far. Also, Journeyman has become one of my favorite new shows and I have heard it's being cancelled. I gues it was bound to happen to a show I liked, it happens every year.

Bionic Woman is my biggest disappointment. Flash Gordon is much worst, but I didn't have any expectation so there is not much to disappoint.

Kid Nation. Should have been more like Lord of the Flies.

My son really liked that one. But yes, pretty lame - and certainly did not live up to the hype, at all.

I still say Bionic Woman for biggest disappointment.

Biggest surprise of the season: Chuck. Can't wait for it to come back this fall. Close second for me is Sarah Connor. Fingers crossed she does not get terminated. ;)

My son really liked that one. But yes, pretty lame - and certainly did not live up to the hype, at all.

I still say Bionic Woman for biggest disappointment.

Biggest surprise of the season: Chuck. Can't wait for it to come back this fall. Close second for me is Sarah Connor. Fingers crossed she does not get terminated. ;)

+1

My biggest disappointment is the writers strike. How many of these good new shows are going to fall in ratings because they do not have many episodes to rerun. I love Chuck, Reaper, Pushing Daiseys, etc.

Can they survive the strike?

Well, I know Chuck and Pushing Daisy's made it to the sophomore season. Not sure about Reaper.

WWE's HD technology

Who's cancelling HBO on Monday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)