What's going on with Showtime/Paramount?

ppappas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 10, 2004
San Jose, CA
I am a current and longtime subscriber to Showtime (now Paramount+ with Showtime). When I go online and look at my account, Showtime does not show up but I can still watch it and it's still a line item on my last bill. When I search online for premium channels and select Paramount/Showtime, I get "We apologize, but this service is not currently available to add to your account."

Is anyone else who subscribes to this seeing the same thing? Is it an online account problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-09 162038.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 162038.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 80
I am a current and longtime subscriber to Showtime (now Paramount+ with Showtime). When I go online and look at my account, Showtime does not show up but I can still watch it and it's still a line item on my last bill. When I search online for premium channels and select Paramount/Showtime, I get "We apologize, but this service is not currently available to add to your account."

Is anyone else who subscribes to this seeing the same thing? Is it an online account problem?

YES I am having the same issue! The website is a mess! I haven’t had anything show up when I look for programming offers! It’s been blank for months! I just assumed they got tired of me taking advantage of them! 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: charlesrshell

If you were a Showtime subscriber, you got transfered to Paramount+/Showtime automatically on 4/30/24. It's probably saying it's unavailable because you already. have it. I checked (not having either linear sub) and could have added it.

There are so many things that are wrong with the website right now...for example, if you go to any channel that is in the Top 200 or Top 250 package, the website says it is no longer a part of it. Here is NFL Network as an example: MyDISH There is no reference to the Top 200 or 250 package anywhere. When you go to the website to look at If you go to the Top 200 or 250 page, it says no channels are included: MyDISH and the compare packages is completely broken. There is something wrong with the website in general - what you are describing I saw with the Dish Movie Pack back when I had it a couple of weeks ago.

Well when I had Showtime recently it would not show up on the website that I had it or when you looked at your programming by checking your bill etc using the Hopper. Also when your signed into your account and you try to change your programming using the Hopper you get an error that says call Dish to change programming. It's almost like the team that worked on this stuff is no longer on the clock. I was able to sign up for the 6.99 off netflix for 2 years by talking to a rep on the phone. One more thing I am getting Channel 165 GAC in my AT 200 package and I see it's nowhere written that it's in free preview.

If you were a Showtime subscriber, you got transfered to Paramount+/Showtime automatically on 4/30/24. It's probably saying it's unavailable because you already. have it. I checked (not having either linear sub) and could have added it.
OK, I get that, but the other premium packages I have (Starz and Movie Pack), show up. If I select them, they say I am subscribed with the 50% off and when that offer will expire. It seems Dish is behind in fixing their website. Of course I just read that Paramount is being acquired by another company.

Well when I had Showtime recently it would not show up on the website that I had it or when you looked at your programming by checking your bill etc using the Hopper. Also when your signed into your account and you try to change your programming using the Hopper you get an error that says call Dish to change programming. It's almost like the team that worked on this stuff is no longer on the clock. I was able to sign up for the 6.99 off netflix for 2 years by talking to a rep on the phone. One more thing I am getting Channel 165 GAC in my AT 200 package and I see it's nowhere written that it's in free preview.
I am considering taking them up on the Netflix deal as well, but it seems the only way is to call them. Can't do it online.

you talking watching there show threw there merged streaming service. Last i check if showtime subscriber you have no options to watch stuff on demand, it same over at Fios too.

I hear there another merger happen too so would not expect to fixed any time soon, The On demand on Dish reciever works to watch but cant watch any thing threw streaming service

As for channel they should work if you subscribed too, if dont work after day I would call dish

I too have no access to Showtime online though i have it.

I can't cancel it, though @ the special price I don't want to. When I called I was told I don't have it, and if I don't see it under managing offers it isn't a reduced cost.
I pointed out it shows on my bill, correctly reduced and I have the channels, that's when I asked if I want to cancel it how would I do it if you say I don't have it.

After on hold, they said there is no way to cancel. I actually said to her are you sure you don't want to recind that statement that is being recorded? She had no idea what I meant.
I gave up since I don't really want to cancel it.

I too have no access to Showtime online though i have it.

I can't cancel it, though @ the special price I don't want to. When I called I was told I don't have it, and if I don't see it under managing offers it isn't a reduced cost.
I pointed out it shows on my bill, correctly reduced and I have the channels, that's when I asked if I want to cancel it how would I do it if you say I don't have it.

After on hold, they said there is no way to cancel. I actually said to her are you sure you don't want to recind that statement that is being recorded? She had no idea what I meant.
I gave up since I don't really want to cancel it.
I had the same situation. A short online chat the CSR canceled Showtime. Your right no access to Showtime online.

To update, today I got notified my special offer Showtime subscription was ending and go to MyDish to subscribe and manage. It was not due to end yet.
I have a credit for the remaining month paid for.

Went to the site and I can now subscribe there, (or cancel) and I have the same $5 offer available as before and have had for maybe 2 years running, and in one step added it.

My 3 month 50% off just expired and now Showtime does show that I am subscribed at $10/month. If select Cancel, I don't get the 50% off offer.

I am not sure if it is like this for Showtime, but with the Multi-Sport Pack and the Dish Movie Pack, when I cancelled, I didn't get the prompt about the 50% discounts trying to keep me on them. However, when I went to the "My Offers" section a couple of days later, the 50% offers were on that page.

I am not sure if it is like this for Showtime, but with the Multi-Sport Pack and the Dish Movie Pack, when I cancelled, I didn't get the prompt about the 50% discounts trying to keep me on them. However, when I went to the "My Offers" section a couple of days later, the 50% offers were on that page.
I still have the issue where I never have any offers listed. Also I am unable to add or change any programming from my account on my hopper 3. I always have to call to make changes. It’s been like that for months! Almost like dish has put a block on my account. I still get the promo discounts if I ask for them like half off dish movie pack for 6 months..I have called dish a time or 2 to send a ticket escalation but nothing has changed.. it’s not my equipment. I have the same issue in my other hopper 3. So I am at a loss on how to fix it

OTA USB stopped working on Hopper 3

Very small screen on some channels