What's Dish's policy on replacing Dish's/LNB's due to weather damage?

skyviewmark said:
I wish a lot of customers would read the service plan before calling.. Customer caused damage isn't covered either.. "Grandpa ran into the dish with the Lawnmower and destroyed the dish"... Sorry not covered...

No but if they have a 015 error it is.

I've been on a many service calls where customers say Lightning hit it and did something and yes the equipment is usually bad at that point but it's either Dish replaces it free or they lose that customer which is the argument that comes to my face each and every time no matter if it's warranty or not. See what you have is CSR's don't say this or talk about this on the phone when they call cause they gotta get that customer service and off the phone asap!! So this falls back on the Tech whom has to now put up with this stupid crap over and over... waste time on the phone arguing for the customer and so on. I get so sick and tired of putting up with the same stuff over and over again cause CSR's won't disclose this or discuss this on the phone when the customer calls. Instead I waste my time driving out and getting yelled at and you can bet that Dish each and every time after 30mins of phone tag will replace the equipment to keep them happy... DAMNIT say this for starters and COVER IT!!! As a Tech would do otherwise is just replace the equipment and make up a excuse like it just died but I hate doing that cause that's not the reason and a surge from lightning happens very often. I've only seen 1 direct hit on a dish before and it shrunk the reflector just enough to drop the signal by 40 no matter how hard you tried to adjust.

Penalty for Paying Dish Annually Instead of Monthly

2nd Receiver replacement in 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)