What to do next ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

corvette Lew

Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
My new Viewsat2000 has been installed with programming installed from my computer. I still have the same problem, good satellite & transponder signals but no channels to view or listen to. I have submitted a service ticket to the company I purchased it from, ( a gold sponsored company) but am getting no response. What should I do next? As a hobbiest, my 4dtv was never this difficult to get up and running.
From a previous forum message there was a comment about installing 038 flash. What is this? and where is it, if needed? (All I wanted to do was watch the return to flight mission on NASA TV and it looks like I will miss it all.)

It's Analog until the mission is over. Then digital. Do you have a analog reciever?

If so point to, 87W I think????? C band

corvette Lew said:
My new Viewsat2000 has been installed with programming installed from my computer. I still have the same problem, good satellite & transponder signals but no channels to view or listen to. I have submitted a service ticket to the company I purchased it from, ( a gold sponsored company) but am getting no response. What should I do next? As a hobbiest, my 4dtv was never this difficult to get up and running.
From a previous forum message there was a comment about installing 038 flash. What is this? and where is it, if needed? (All I wanted to do was watch the return to flight mission on NASA TV and it looks like I will miss it all.)

My new Viewsat2000 has been installed with programming installed from my computer.
Huh? I’m confused by this. The unit should work directly out of the box. Mine did :D

I still have the same problem, good satellite & transponder signals but no channels to view or listen to.
What satellite are you on?

I have submitted a service ticket to the company I purchased it from, ( a gold sponsored company) but am getting no response. What should I do next?
Did you try to call them? They’ve got a toll free number

As a hobbiest, my 4dtv was never this difficult to get up and running.

So you have everything set up right then? Did you do slave your unit by using the splitters technique that was posted?

Once you are on a satellite, make sure the transponder you have entered is legit and scan. Since this unit doesn’t have a blind scan, you have to type everything in off Lyngsat

Thanks guys for your support.
I did finally get a reply from the company and after some discussion it was decided to return the unit for repair or replacement. Koodoos to your gold sponsor.
I assumed that the unit would work out of the box also, but alas it did not. I had lots of questions on connections, and you guys really helped me out on that one. However, I did find an error in the installation instructions. The serial cable connection from the computer to the STB should be a twisted cable. The instructions indicate 1:1.
Also, played around on my anolog C-band and have found NASA. Yippeee...
At least I will be able to see the landing. Good luck to Discovery.

Iceberg said:
So you have everything set up right then? Did you do slave your unit by using the splitters technique that was posted?

Once you are on a satellite, make sure the transponder you have entered is legit and scan. Since this unit doesn’t have a blind scan, you have to type everything in off Lyngsat

I did have the unit setup as a slave (if I understand you right). I think I was doing the blind scan per the instructions, if I understand you right. There was an automatic scan that found the transponders, then a manual channel search that tried to find channels. Since I am new to this, what do you mean when you said "type everything in off Lyngsat" ?
Also, can you direct me to some good literature so I can read up on this ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

settings T5

question about my sg2100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts