What The Dish Is Actually Seeing?

I have also tried a protractor arrangement and a round tube attached to look through like a crude scope sitting on top of the dish pole without the dish on the pole and and trying to look at the angle 0f 49 degrees(my elevation setting Skew and Azimuth OK and Pole is Level) for but that does not seem to work.
You've got the right idea here. But since you're using a dish500, you need to get the azimuth and elevations for 110 and 119 separately and check both of them. What you have done here is determine LOS for 114.5, the point directly in between.

highdefjeff,

I've always read the offset was 22.5°.

500superimpose2.JPG shows a High Definition antenna. What should I use to pick up the old analog channels before they go dark? :D

Wow....this one wins the drag up old post of the day award. (Seems like it was just yesterday but thanks for the award!)

How's the dish pointing gig for better HD quality going?

It is going very well, actually! :up I anticipate that it will be another 1-2 years before some of these things really come to light. Until someone begins teaching about signal integrity, signal quality, SNR, noise, data rate, and BER, there won't be much understanding. The information is very hard to find and decipher. It took me nearly a year, reading engineering papers, before things began to "gell".

AND,

it's very hard to convince people to pursue calibration, whether they do it themselves or pay the "big bucks". (Get references from your calibration dude!)

Sadly, there will still be years more of confusion and poor picture quality reports, before the truth comes out to the guys in the trenches and the general public.

Even Echostar, Wildblue, Hughes Network, every major communications company (Verizon, Mediacom, Comcast, etc.), and many government agencies, spend hours- to days- reading the information on the website. What is clear by their "picture quality" and related search entries, is that they are looking for the same answers that I was looking for...

LOL... be sure and read up continuity errors and FEC. Its the digital world. Love having the same exact digital stream on the 18inch as the 90cm.

I rope your nonsense into the same ones as digital TV antennas, color TV antennas, and gold plated optical audio cables.

LOL....okay I am done.

LOL... be sure and read up continuity errors and FEC. Its the digital world. Love having the same exact digital stream on the 18inch as the 90cm.

I rope your nonsense into the same ones as digital TV antennas, color TV antennas, and gold plated optical audio cables.

LOL....okay I am done.

Don't let the truth pass you by...

While there is some major error in these posts, I'll address them separately, but here's some blurry for you:

Comcast HD Quality Reduction: Details, Screenshots - AVS Forum

Please don't bother addressing anything else. It is just a waste of time.

I'm still floored by the way this guy thinks. LOL. He's either has a serious issues or just playing a game with us.

I'm sure if I asked him if I made a copy of a copy of copy CD about 100 times over that the last CD would sound worse than the first. Kinda of the same theory here...

I decided to pop into this thread, because the title tickled me. To me, it read like "What the f**K!?" except with Dish replacing the bad word. Now every time something Charlie does irks me, I will say, "What the dish!?"

Please don't bother addressing anything else. It is just a waste of time.

Obviously, but I am sure that others WILL read and some will understand.

I was hoping you guys wouldn't be left in the dark! :(

My concern began as, and still is, all of the people with poor picture quality when they don't have to have poor picture quality. I don't want the general public to lose out because of the lack of education and wrong answers they are often given.

God bless you guys!

Tech Forum Tonight

Audio issues- 722 -- HD fine, SD not so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)