what kind of ac-3 audio receiver do you have and how do you like it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
kind of off thread, but not really. please post what you have for an ac3 capable audio receiver and how you like it.
Thanks

what kind of audio reciever do you run your fortec into PSB?

Harmon Kardon AVR-7200

http://www.harmankardon.com/harman_kardon_avr_7200.htm

It automatically switches from Dolby to AC-3 when flipping from regular FTA audio/video to PBS FTA AC-3 audio/video channels.

Unfortunately it is out of the price range of the average audio/FTA enthusiast. It retails for $1999.00(cheaper now) but I got mine directly from HK refurbed for $780.00 last year on ebay.

el crap o wal mart receiver

no receiver yet to hook it to :(

(drhydro...the one I have does NOT have a tape out...)

I bought an RCA dolby digital setup at Wally world for $120 and I'm VERY happy with it. It sounds amazing. I took a break from ADJUSTING THAT SATAN DISH.....ok...I'm better....and put Attack of the CLones in the ol DVD player (had to buy an optical cable of coarse) and WOW it rattled the windows! You can crack it all the way up and HOLD ON =)
I recommend it.

got a pawn shop special RCA home theater with dolby digital decoder (ac3 is dolby digital not pro logic) run it off my fortec lifetime ultra which is slaved through my satwork 3688. works great!

Harman Kardon HK-130. Basically the bottom of the line HK with DTS and Dolby Digital. Bought it a year ago when it was about to be discontinued. I'm very happy with it but I'm already getting short on inputs!! I may be forced to use some of the 7 audio inputs on my TV for the "low quality" stereo only components and only listen to them through the TV speakers....

This is my second HK receiver and I would recommend them to anyone. The first is still as good as new after 10 years.

I use a Sony STR-DE597 6.1 Channel DDEX/DTSES/PL2 reciever.. I havent tried the AC3 out on my Frankenciever yet however..

Its not really a Fortec, and its not really a Pansat.. its not even a Pantec anymore.. its really the most accurate name at this point ;)

Iceberg said:
el crap o wal mart receiver

no receiver yet to hook it to :(

(drhydro...the one I have does NOT have a tape out...)
Iceberg,
Thanks for looking at that for me.

it has 3 sets of inputs, 2 digital (rca and optical) and one set up front for a game (there is a video in/out on the back) but no audio out :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slaving an analog reciever....

Scaler Rings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts