What is the Dish 622

It seems if it were true, you would have heard about it here. So I would cast serious doubt to its legitimacy.

The 622

Yes the 622 is the next HD DVD and yes it is MPEG-4 and dual tuner. It will be replacing the 942 in March. Got the Info from someone at dish corp office.

I am beta testing the 622. Its a good rcvr. Basically 942, but has video on demand like 625, and can record hd on both tuners. And of course, Mpeg -4. Look for the 622 to be aviable in March.

TSRIII said:
I am beta testing the 622. Its a good rcvr. Basically 942, but has video on demand like 625, and can record hd on both tuners. And of course, Mpeg -4. Look for the 622 to be aviable in March.

I have a 921 fed by a legacy Dish 500 (for 110 and 119) and a single LNB dish pointing at 61.5. I'm using cascaded legacy SW21 switches and two RG6 coax runs down to the two tuners on my 921.

Will this setup work with the 622? i.e., can I just swap the cables from the 921 to the 622, or will I need DP LNB's and new switches?

.....G

622 Remote

TSRIII said:

Thus the remote for the 622 have the 30 second skip button on it? Also I assume it has HDMI and Component output with Digital (optical) audio)? I wish I could find a picture (closeup) of the back of it. Thanks, Gerry

TSRIII said:
Would you mind post a few pictures, like System Info screen ? Sorry, I'm very sceptical about your post.

What's to be sceptical about? The only non-confirmed feature is the VOD.

Plus if he post the sysinfo screen, don't you think E* will know who this is? Bad things would ensue.

Move to 622

When HD LiL gets to the Seattle area, I'll move up to the 622. I'm having a little difficulty understanding what I'll need to do with my existing equipment.

I now own and use (in addition to an HD-ready tv):

JVC HM-DSR100DU (built on 5000 receiver)
510 DVR/receiver

The main questions:

Will I need to return and/or disconnect BOTH existing receivers to upgrade?

How does the TV2 signal from the 622 get to the second TV?

IF it involves running cables under the house/in the walls, is that covered by the "standard installation"?

Does DirecTv's HD deal seem better than Dish Network's HD deal for the local HD upgrade? Wait, we wasn't told what the deal was were we? What an oversight! Or is it my oversight?

gpflepsen said:
What's to be sceptical about? The only non-confirmed feature is the VOD.

Plus if he post the sysinfo screen, don't you think E* will know who this is? Bad things would ensue.
First - he already exposed himself ( how many beta units out there ? 20 ? 105 ? )
Second - just mask your serial numbers on that snapshot, what's the problem ?

If Dish HD was full rez would you oppose lease options?

Noob Universal Remote question for 625

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)