What is the BEST way to ground multiple dishes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
What is the best way to ground multiple dishes?

I had dish "A" installed by DirecTV with a ground wire from the dish attached to a dual coax grounding block. From there the wire ran down the side of my house to a grounding rod.

Now, I just installed two additional dishes each having a dual coax grounding block. Can I ground them in series? For example: A 10AWG wire from dish "A" to dish "A" grounding block then to dish "B" then dish "C" that would get attached to the grounding rod.

Yes,

You can ground them in series. My favorite method is to replace one of the vertical sleeve 1/4x20 carriage bolts with one that is one inch long. I'd go to the hardware store and get a few more of the serrated 1/4x20 flange nuts (Ace or True Value in the induvidual section section). Replace and tighten the nut as usual. Put on a second nut and loop the grounding wire around the bolt's threaded end. The serrated flange nut will bight into the copper wire and provide a good connection. I'd place some non hardening silicone grease in this area to prevent corrosion. Fasten the end to the original wire for the grounding block with a copper split bolt rated for two 10 gage copper wires.

One important thing is that the grounding rod should be bonded with another wire to the main panel service ground.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cut the tree down?

Anyone willing to help - wanting to borrow usb receiver/STB receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts