What is It? President Ps 700 Xl Satellite Receiver - Video Cipher 2 Plus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scooterone

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
virginia
I just picked up at an auction a "President PS 700 XL" Satellite Receiver. It came with another module PS 700 AT with remote control. Its like new condition and I do not know what it does. I googled it and no info found. On the front of this unit is "Video Cipher 2 Plus". Anyone have any ideas what this unit does? I wanted to sell it on Ebay but don't know how much and for what use. I am sure there are satellite gurus out there who know exactly what this unit is and I would appreciate any and all information. thank you for the help

Sounds like an old Analog Satellite Receiver. The VC2 Plus was an old scrambling scheme which I don't believe is in use anymore.

Its an analog c-band satellite receiver. VideoCipher was an analog scrambling system. There aren't many analog signals left, the main use for those boxes now is moving a big c-band dish.

I have a President PS-1000 and remote here. Sadly something inside went out and it no longer moves the dish. Had to replace it with a Toshiba analog receiver to move the dish around, but this receiver all video out ports are dead. Just used as a dish mover now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scopus Net Tech on 99w Ku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)