What is a typical setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What hardware would be involved in a typical PC DVB setup? PC DVB card, video card of some kind, what would be the requirements of the pc itself, for instance. Could someone list what would be needed for a good starter package to received 4:2:2 transmission? Hardware and software.

I just started using the DVB World USB Box, other than a dish and LNBF thats all thats needed! (So far)

PSB said:
I just started using the DVB World USB Box, other than a dish and LNBF thats all thats needed! (So far)

That sounds good to me as I have a spare laptop kicking around. Will it do 4:2:2? Is 600mhz fast enough a computer?

Will it do 4:2:2 transmissions? I alread have a fta receiver, but the whole purpose for me of getting into a pc based receiver would be to get 4:2:2

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting. Would be ideal if I could confirm it is capable of running the software that does 4:2:2. I need to learn a whole lot more about the pc based setups.

Generally, laptops use slower hard drives, 4200rpm, and have slower system busses. This is to conserve battery power. The CPU may be running at the same clock speed as a desktop, but it will not perform the same. In general, a laptop at "X" speed will be slower than a desktop at same "X" speed.
Your laptop may run the satellite box, but if it is an older laptop, the USB port will not be USB 2. Check the requirements of the satelllite box. If it does run, it will probably need to be tweeked for maximum performance, picking the best drivers requiring the least CPU power for the decoding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pansat 3500 s with motor - receive no signal quality at all

how to delete a post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts