What equipment is needed for Gal 11

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pete21

Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Hi All,

This is my first time posting here. I'm pretty new at this whole FTA thing so I apologize if i'm not making sense. Everything I know up to this point is from reading these forums. My interest is in receiving signal from Gal 11 to get FTA channel; EWTN specifically.
Since this is the only channel I'm interested in watching since I dont watch TV (yes I know, I'm probably the only one in the world). The only question i have now is what kind of dish do i need for receiving that channel. I already baught a Pansat 2500a, now all I need is the dish.
I hear from reading here that 30 inch dish is minimun for FTA. But when looking at lyngsat, both C band and KU are on Gal 11 and EWTN is broadcasted "digital, clear" so i know that its not the C band part of the satellite...(right?) does this mean I dont need a bigger than 30 inch dish to get this channel? (this is the part where i'm not sure if i'm making any sense).

I live in Toronto, Canada in case you need to know this to answer my question.

Thanks

This is my first time posting here. I'm pretty new at this whole FTA thing so I apologize if i'm not making sense. Everything I know up to this point is from reading these forums. My interest is in receiving signal from Gal 11 to get FTA channel; EWTN specifically.
Since this is the only channel I'm interested in watching since I dont watch TV (yes I know, I'm probably the only one in the world). The only question i have now is what kind of dish do i need for receiving that channel. I already baught a Pansat 2500a, now all I need is the dish.
I hear from reading here that 30 inch dish is minimun for FTA. But when looking at lyngsat, both C band and KU are on Gal 11 and EWTN is broadcasted "digital, clear" so i know that its not the C band part of the satellite...(right?) does this mean I dont need a bigger than 30 inch dish to get this channel? (this is the part where i'm not sure if i'm making any sense).

I live in Toronto, Canada in case you need to know this to answer my question.

Welcome :wave
I moved this to the regular FTA section so more people will see it

Unfortunately, EWTN is C-Band. On Lyngsat, the 4 digit numbers on the left are C-Band, the 5 digit are KU Band. You would need at least a 8 foot dish to receive this (most likely a 10 foot)

There are some religious channels on KU that you can get
-IA5 (at 97W) has Daystar, TBN, Church Channel, and JCTV
-AMC4 (101W) has 3ABN (3 Angels) & Hope Channel

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I have no choice but to stick with the other channels. With the other channels a 30 inch dish is enough right?
:) :)

This is addictive

Hello again, I have been looking at the lyngsat site and noticed that Echo7 has NASA TV for free which I wouldnt mind having a look at. I mean, I have the pansat already and since i cant get my channel that i wanted in the first place i might as well use it for something. I have trouble finding the satellite though. Is there something i have to setup on the receiver to see echo7? I'm using a 18inch dish that my neighbour gave me to try. i can see other satellites but nasa tv is not there so i know i have the wrong satellite.
:confused:

You can use a Dishnotwork receiver, find the 119w satellite then switch to the Pansat! Remember to change the L.O. to 11250 on the Pansat, in the antenna setup screen!

If you can find G10, its just east of there. Also, this birds a little tricky with a linear lnb, circular is best. Other than that, like I always say, "Keep Trying and you'll figure it out in no time". Also try adjusting your freq a bit when using a linear lnb. I think NASA is at 12297 H. So if you adjust a bit, you might get it at 11295 or 11300, somethingh like that. I was also at one point in time picking it up a 12282.

Pete, welcome
T 5 has a few religious broadcasters on ku, Daystar, TBN, The Church Channel, plus JCTV. AMC 4 has a channel that I believe is polish that seems to be Catholic. Check Lyngsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiSEqC Switch Connection

Wide screen output?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)