what do newer customers do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
With all of the announcements of new receivers coming out I was wondering what can i do to get these receivers. I'm particularly interested in the interactive receivers as I plan on being one of the people who subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET INTERACTIVE next fall. Am I going to have to spend lots of money for two new receivers? I plan on dropping from 4 to 2 receivers this month.
Will directv allow me to upgrade my current non-interactive standard receiver to an interactive either hd or sd receiver and how much will it cost (just subbed in october)?
Also what about my DirecTIVO i currently own? Will directv allow me to upgrade it to the interactive dvr coming out soon or will i have to pay the entire amount on the new dvr?
This will go a long way in determining IF I want to keep directv in the long run or if i want to drop down to the lowest package i can until my contract is up and drop it entirely. With cable you dont have to worry about this. You just take ur box to the office and exchange it for the new one free of charge!
thanks

With cable its all rental, they count on long periods of you NOT needing anything new so they can make a killing along with the higher per month costs.

If a user has shown a long standing relationship with D* they have proven that they will offer a very fair deal to get you all taken care of with minimal or no cost out of pocket. This can also mean an additonal year program commitment to the newest users; and that seems fair to get new hardware.

charper1 said:
With cable its all rental, they count on long periods of you NOT needing anything new so they can make a killing along with the higher per month costs.

If a user has shown a long standing relationship with D* they have proven that they will offer a very fair deal to get you all taken care of with minimal or no cost out of pocket. This can also mean an additonal year program commitment to the newest users; and that seems fair to get new hardware.
My question was what kind of deal can I expect? Being a new customer and all.

Let use a single standard HD receiver for a 1 year or less customer as an example:

1 additional year program commitment at ($42/mo or higher pkg) and maybe $49 or $99 upcharge. That would be more than fair, depending on the equipment offered.

Remember I have no inside info this is just a speculation.

You know... While as a new customer I'm sure you can get a good deal... (You can pretty much get any 'new equip' signup offers for just the one-year commit... Assuming you haven't done something similar within the last 6 months...)

Oh, and for an HD rcvr... I'm sure that if you give them the good`ol 'I want to cancel because DNet is offering me a free HD rcvr so I'm going to them' would get you an HD for at least $250 off... (HD Rcvr /w Off-air antenna is 399 inc 'Std Prof Inst' and 349 /wo Off-air is 349) Of course... I'm sure that if you're not in a commit that they'll be glad to 'give' you the equip for a new commit... (They'll barter with you for sure...)

~

Angerphile said:
You know... While as a new customer I'm sure you can get a good deal... (You can pretty much get any 'new equip' signup offers for just the one-year commit... Assuming you haven't done something similar within the last 6 months...)

Oh, and for an HD rcvr... I'm sure that if you give them the good`ol 'I want to cancel because DNet is offering me a free HD rcvr so I'm going to them' would get you an HD for at least $250 off... (HD Rcvr /w Off-air antenna is 399 inc 'Std Prof Inst' and 349 /wo Off-air is 349) Of course... I'm sure that if you're not in a commit that they'll be glad to 'give' you the equip for a new commit... (They'll barter with you for sure...)

~

Have you SUCCESSFULLY done that? I'm with E* and wanting to switch to D* but not willing to pay for an HD receiver or to pay 1K for the HD DVR!

I don't know of ANY D* deals that gives a new customer a HD receiver 100% free. Anyhow, the reason you pay some $$ is that with D* you own the hardware, you are not constantly paying a per month fee that ends up costing you 50% - 75% more than the purchase cost would have been in the first place. Then you are perfectly in line for cheap of free upgrade opportunities.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Adios

OTA HD question...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)