what do I need to hook up a 3rd receiver to a dish 500?

That question is WAY too generic. Yes, there's diagrams out there - so many we can't even begin until you tell us what kind of LNBFs and receivers you have.

Legacy or DishPro?

A pair of Duals, a Twin, or a Quad?

Start here to get pics of the different LNBFs. Note the DishPro logo looks like a big "DP". Also, a Quad looks exactly like a Twin except there's 2 more connectors - right where the 'holes' are in a Twin. If it's not on the label, you will have to remove the LNBF from the arm to be sure.

If you're lucky enough to have a Quad, it'll be easy.

I'm getting the dish 500 tuesday. bY looking at the pic I think I will be getting the legacy dual because I have the dual lnb on the dish 300. I have two receivers 3000,and 4900.Could you tell me how to do it for both a dual dish and quad dish.thanks

I can't read your mind here - it's just too far.

You mention 2 receivers - no third one. Dish 500's are used to get 2 satellites. You've already got a Dish 300, so this is sounding like you want a third satellite, not a third receiver. Or maybe you're replacig the Dish 300.

If you're keeping it, you'll need a SW64 and the Dish 500 needs to be 2 duals or a Quad. SW64 is 3 satellites in, 4 tuners out. The SW44 is two satellites in, 4 tuners out.

Legacy switches use two cables per satellite, so "6" is 3 birds, OK?

I have two receivers. I'm thinking of getting a 3rd receiver. I have a dish 300. I will be replace it with a dish 500 tuesday.

OK. The answer is simple Dish 500 with Legacy Quad. Period.

The Quad has 4 outputs, each one will, at receiver command, transmit any of the 4 transponder bands needed. Legacy because you have Legacy (4-digit model number) receivers, and the newer receivers can use lder LNBFs.

Don't screw with external switches when you don't have to.

There is NO point at all for you to be considering getting a Twin, using a pair of Duals, or any other setup other than a simple, basic, straightforward, no hassles whatsoever, Legacy Quad.

Dish500duals.jpg
I got the legacy dual lnb dish 500

That figures. You've probably got a pair of SW-21's, with it, too.

To go to a third receiver, find a SW-44 or SW-64 (if you are going to use the old Dish 300 for the 61.5 or 148 bird).

I throw the old dish away. The guy used a 119 lnb from the old dish and used it on the dish 500. Any pics of wiring a 3rd receiver? I got two sw-21 switchs.

Shame you threw it away - it' worth something to various geeks for various reasons (like long-range WiFi networks).

Here's a link to a standard SW-64 setup. If you don't need the 3rd satellite, you don't have to hook up the second dish. Note that the SW-21s are NOT used.

SimpleSimon said:
That figures. You've probably got a pair of SW-21's, with it, too.

To go to a third receiver, find a SW-44 or SW-64 (if you are going to use the old Dish 300 for the 61.5 or 148 bird).
That's what I got. 4 301's, SW-21's & Dish500 antenna. They need work out the trouble with the DP-44. I would upgrade but no wtih out that.

Does swapping the 811 out make A difference?

Need help plz...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)