Weather Alert?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Zulu

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
While watching TV tonight, noticed some lightening outside so I switched to the weather channel. After about 30 seconds or so, a loud tone played for a few seconds with a message at the top of the screen... something to the effect of a weather alert in my area and to press the red button for more info (forgotten exact wording). Of course I pressed the red button and there it showed me that a severe thunderstorm warning had been issued for my county.

First, that's pretty cool. Had no clue that DirecTV would do that.

Second, will this only happen when tuned into the weather channel, like how the red button only brings up scores when on sports channels? Or will this warning chime in whenever there is an alert regardless of the channel I'm on or if I'm watching a recording?

Only on TWC. It's a neat system, but it should be automatic no matter what channel you are on like the land-based providers do. This shows they have the capability to disseminate EAS alerts based on zip code, so they should implement it.

My weather alert with Direct is when it says searching for signal due to rain fade :eek:. LOL.

Well darn. That makes that feature pretty much worthless since I don't ever watch the weather channel unless I already know something is going on.

tvropo, LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2 games not on MLB EI today?

Cinema Directly gone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)