WD My Essential 2TB

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Is anyone using this (WD My Essential 2TB) external HDD for Dish archiving? I am considering this over the WD My Book AV DVR Expander at 1TB. I want the 2 TB, but I wanted to hear of your experiences with the WD My Essential 2TB. Thanks in advance.

I have one of WD's My Book "Elite" 1TB's on my 211k turning it into a DVR, haven't had a problem with the drive in 4 months (was initially a problem getting receiver authorized for DVR though)

I've a Seagate 2TB usb2/3 drive on my 722k and have had no problems with it so far either .. there is a slight lag on startup (didn't disable any sleep functions of the drive) but that's 1 to 5 seconds max, and while using I've had no problems during playback from it, or in moving recordings to it (can not currently record directly to the external drive on 722k)

Is anyone using this (WD My Essential 2TB) external HDD for Dish archiving? I am considering this over the WD My Book AV DVR Expander at 1TB. I want the 2 TB, but I wanted to hear of your experiences with the WD My Essential 2TB. Thanks in advance.

MANY people around here are using them just fine.

Thank you all for your very helpful responses. I now feel very comfortable getting it. Thanks again.

Is 4 hours to transfer 10 movies to the EHD sound like the correct amount of time? I have a 2TB WD EHD I just hooked up last week and it was very simple and works fine. I have over 300 recordings.

Android Dish DRA app just updated

Some channels don't show up in guide when viewing Sling from iPhone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)