Was ESPN HD in HD last night (1/24)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Did anyone notice last night that the Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State game said it was being broadcast in HD but on ESPNHD it was shown in SD. Is there anyone here who watched the game on 73 and it was being shown in HD on your tv? I called Tech 2 last night and all he said was that it must be a problem with ESPN and not them. I asked him at half-time if anyone else had called to mention this and the tech said I was the first caller.

Charper1,

since I was talking to the Tech 2 anyway I asked him if its been pretty crazy there with all the receiver problems. He told that they can't keep up and morale is pretty low. He told me all the calls drain him of his energy because when they think they have the problem solved another one pops up. He now says that there are reports of the Samsung TS 360 turning off and then back on. I have that receiver and in last few days mine has done this twice. As of this moment I am going to call it a coincidence.

I have 2 of the upper line of receivers and not the Samsung so I do not have any of the know issues, and have been steering friends away from that thing for a long while.

Charper1,

I agree that the Samsung TS 360 has its issues. I called and complained and they sent me a RCA DTC 210 as a replacement. Before I installed the receiver I came here to see what people were saying about that particular model. After seeing posts about the horizontal line problem with the 210 I sent it back to D* and kept the Samsung. To me it was like trading in one problem to get a different problem. I can live with the 360's shortcomings until something more reliable comes along. I made sure that when I sent the RCA back, that D* notes on their computer my problems with the Samsung for future consideration.

Sharpie said:
Did anyone notice last night that the Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State game said it was being broadcast in HD but on ESPNHD it was shown in SD. Is there anyone here who watched the game on 73 and it was being shown in HD on your tv? I called Tech 2 last night and all he said was that it must be a problem with ESPN and not them. I asked him at half-time if anyone else had called to mention this and the tech said I was the first caller.
Local boards say that the HD truck scheduled to do the game was waylaid by bad weather on the way out here.

Good Find Smthkd. So now there is a press release from D* stating ESPN2HD will be added later in the year but it had no news about TNTHD or any other HD, bummer.

This sucks. From the article:

D*...kicks off what will be a year of unprecedented HD programming growth at DIRECTV as we look forward to launching hundreds of HD local channels for our customers in the second half of 2005."

So all they are going to launch is HD locals in the second half of the year. Nothing else except for ESPN 2 HD? If I have to wait another year for more national HD channels (movie channels) I will not hesitate to switch to Brighthouse if they add the 2-3 national channels they said they would (specific channel not announced as of yet) or go to E* should the acquisition of V* see them add more channels or go to V* if somehow they are resurrected.

I am really dissapointed with D*. Add the locals, ok, but many of us already get them OTA, so throw us with local hd OTA channels a bone by adding a few new national channels (2-3 movie channels). Can't be that hard to do.

Gator5000e said:
This sucks. From the article:

I am really dissapointed with D*. Add the locals, ok, but many of us already get them OTA, so throw us with local hd OTA channels a bone by adding a few new national channels (2-3 movie channels). Can't be that hard to do.

I have no issue with them adding locals, I am lucky enough to get the west coast feeds they are now sending but I know a lot of people can not get them and they will be welcome additions.

I COMPLETELY agree with throwing us a bone though. They already have contracts with TNT, Starz, Cinemax, etc... it can't be that hard to re-work them to include an HD feed. Seems we will for sure get ESPN2HD at some point which is a small piece of a bone I suppose.

Maybe the rumor about ESPN2-HD coming to D* as of Feb might gain some momentum. I read today that Adelphia cable has turned it on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FOX HD in Boston

No price protection?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)