Wait before leaping to MPEG 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dervari said:
Why? Just because you can get OTA doesn't mean everyone in your DMA can.

Did I say that? Where did I say that? Please learn to read, Mr. "Senior Member"-I said only that, for us, MPEG 4 was magic beans. For others, it may be worth something.

We do not personalize or glorify our media choices like some here-we only try to make the best consumer choices for us. For us, MPEG 4 is nothing.

Some people like coconut, too. Not me. Some like dervari.

"Others" can make their own posts about how great MPEG 4 is for them, I presume?

Happy Camper said:
Did I say that? Where did I say that? Please learn to read, Mr. "Senior Member"-I said only that, for us, MPEG 4 was magic beans. For others, it may be worth something.
We do not personalize or glorify our media choices like some here-we only try to make the best consumer choices for us. For us, MPEG 4 is nothing.
Some people like coconut, too. Not me. Some like dervari.
"Others" can make their own posts about how great MPEG 4 is for them, I presume?

Happy, I'm visiting also. You have no need to explain what you are saying. D* has not offered any improvement to what they offer (which is proven to be HD-Lite), D* wants to "sell" a MPEG4 upgrade with 2 year contract for ......what? D* has still not supplied all locals to every home in the USA...
Again, I think D* took on a major plan & posted on their site such a major change & can't produce.
Now they are going to "pay the price"..............it didn't matter if the SW2 was late..........I have said it long before.......its still true......they didn't have the DISH's STB's,MPEG4 decoders (for their uplink or STB's) ready last summer & they still can't supply the AT9 DISH's.........and even if its installed...........D* customers may need a D* tech to come back when SW2 is up-&-going.........how can you aim a DISH at a satellite that isn't even "there" yet?
All this so we can get our Local Channels in HD which most of us can get (note-the H20 has issues with audio sync etc----& this was to be ready last summer?????).
Also the HMC was to be going strong this past QTR 2005 along with it's clients......the HD-DVR was to be out this past summer..............by D*'s news.......

But now we don't hear anything from D*............folks get called from D* CSR's about the upgrade to MPEG4 upgrade in the area to be upgraded.....from CSR's..........installs are delayed due to lack of AT9's...or (my guess, lack of training) etc, there is no warehouses with stockpiles.........
Read the issues's of the new DVR............

I wished someone with the upper Management of D* would read the forums....D* is going to be way behind before it can blink an eye.....they may just become a provider just like VOOM............but can't even provide 1920 x 1080..........& 1080P is next..........no one will buy their programing..........thank god for FOX & 720P.....hope they don't down rez that!

Barney

What part of the original press release from D* don't people understand. On their original press release of 09/08/2004, they state that they are launching their Spaceway 1 & 2 satellites, in 2005, which has been done, and will give them room for 500 HD locals. Also states their next two satellites, DIRECTV 10 and DIRECTV 11, will launch in early 2007, giving room for 1000 more local HDs and 150 Nationals. There is noting about any deadline to get anything up and running, only launch dates for the satellites and what they are going to be used for.

I know we would all like to see it done yesterday, but a project like this takes time. With millions of receivers and dishes to change out, it is going to take time.

I like several others could care less about their 4 HD locals they are going to give me, I get 29 now with my OTA antenna, but I realize that others need the HD locals as they don't have the availability to use an outdoor or attic antenna, or are to far away from antennas to pick them up with indoor antennas. I would rather see more Nationals first, but realize that HD locals are more important to others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NYC MPEG4 in da house!

A little confused on these HD basketball games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)