Voom says no 30" dish...HELP.

Lebda

Original poster
May 16, 2004
I called to become Vooms newest customer a minute ago and wanted to ask the Voom rep a couple questions first. One of them was to request an install of a 30" dish instead of the 18". She put me on hold and then came back saying they don't have a 30" dish, only an 18" dish. Whats this all about!? How are you guys getting the 30" dish installed? Do I have to call the installer before my install date myself or what?

Also, she informed me that I have NO communication with the installer until he comes to my house to do the install. Is she just blowing smoke up my butt or what? How do I confirm my date?

I want to get this thing installed with the 30" dish. What do I do?

P.S. I am in central California. (who does the install here?)

Thanks in advance!

I just got off the phone with them about the same thing I have been with them for 2 months and have had rain fade issue's and right now its bad for the last half hour and the csr told me to hold on and then said that they are in testing them and have only been issued to a few beta testers I said thats a lie I cant watch anything its a good thing I still have Direct tv this is not going to keep customers and Im not happy you read on this fourm that voom works hard to make things right and I dont see it I was never charge for 2 months on my bill and I keep calling them and tried to tell them so I wouldnt be charged for 2 months and they said every time it was taken care of and they never did it and charge me for 2 months they never mad it right with anything and I tried to at least get something for them not making it right and nothing.

Lebda,

Welcome. I believe that they are currently installing the 18 dish. If you experience rain fade with it, you may call them after installation and tell them that you are having rain fade problem. This way you can build a case to get the 30" dish.

LOBO2999 said:
Hey Sean thinks for the reply all wait that wasnt for me . I have tried this road and nothing

If you having rain fade problems, emai Wilt and ask him that you might need a 30 inches dish.

Thanks Sean , I ddint want to have to do that I would think they would help me out at voom , just a little frustrated I have been tryng to be undering standing about some of the problems but like I said it get a little frustating.

Thank you Sean, I value your input.

The reason why I want to get the 30 incher is not mainly because of rain faid, after all I won't see any rain for 4-5 months. After reading about the guys that put them in I came to the conclusion that you pick up 'considerable' signal strength even in fair weather. If it is the opinion that the 18 vs. 30 in fair weather has no effect on PQ then I will order tomarrow and accept the 18" dish. Otherwise I will push for a 30 to acheive those high 90's signal strength. What do you think?

Also, what do you think I should do about me not being able to contact my installer. Should I push for their contact info?

I can't wait to activate!! These are the only issues I need to find answers to.

Thanks!

Lebda said:
Thank you Sean, I value your input.

The reason why I want to get the 30 incher is not mainly because of rain faid, after all I won't see any rain for 4-5 months. After reading about the guys that put them in I came to the conclusion that you pick up 'considerable' signal strength even in fair weather. If it is the opinion that the 18 vs. 30 in fair weather has no effect on PQ then I will order tomarrow and accept the 18" dish. Otherwise I will push for a 30 to acheive those high 90's signal strength. What do you think?

Also, what do you think I should do about me not being able to contact my installer. Should I push for their contact info?

I can't wait to activate!! These are the only issues I need to find answers to.

Thanks!

Yes, in good weather there's no difference. The way to do it is to tell them that you want the installer to call you. Do this through installs inc since they are the ones that will assign your installer. Another way is to check your online account in VOOM website once your account is setup. Sometimes the online account has information about the installer.

Thats ALL BS....my installer wanted to put in a 30 and had a van full of them.

He told me the 30 would go up unless I insisted on the 18 for looks, which I did and now of course need the 30 :(

Talking to some of them you wish you could reach through the phone and 'explain' some things to them...

Wow Eric, thats cool info. It sounds to me like Voom is not going to have anything to do with a 30" dish. If you want one, you are going to have to discuss it directly with the installer. The key is to get the contact info and make sure the installer has a 30 incher on his truck.

Thanks Sean, I saw the info in previous posts about Install Inc. including their phone number. I just didn't know that they would be the ones handling MY install (area specific). I will try to contact them after I order the service.

Thanks guys, any other input is welcome.

I want to get this thing installed with the 30" dish. What do I do?

P.S. I am in central California. (who does the install here?)

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Where are you in CA? Voom refused my 30" but installed a 24" instead, saying it should take care of my rain fade issues. I'm in Monterey County.

Shelly

Okay now Im feeling alittle bad about bragging about my 30 inch put in Saturday.

I could not honestly tell you voom would have done it without my email to
Wilt first.

I called a day after sending email and csr kissed my but the whole time on phone and seemed Ok to give me anthing I wanted.

I agree you should not have to do anything but call. However I believe unfortunatly if you really want this big dish that is ROCKIN. You must take friendly email action.

Its definatly worth the trouble.

I am here in Wa state about the weakest signal place in the USA and
last night thru heavy rain I didnt even flicker!
In contrast my next door bud with the standard dish lost sig almost all night.

You make the choice.

My two cents.
Have a great day.

I took Sean's advice and e-mailed Wilt and got a return e-msil from him asking for my info and will get something done for me so I hope it goes just as well for me as it did you Iceshark.

I was scheduled to get a 30" on Saturday. The installer called to confirm the time on Friday and I told him that the sevice call was for the 30". He said he didn;t have one and DOW electronics was closed for the day so he couldn't get it until Monday. Then he called VOOM and they had already shipped him one, but it hadn't arrived yet, still waiting.

How do I get Wilt's e-mail address? I want the 30-incher and I signed up for Voom last night and scheduled my install for late May. Thanks!

ChetK said:
How do I get Wilt's e-mail address? I want the 30-incher and I signed up for Voom last night and scheduled my install for late May. Thanks!

"Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net>.

ChetK said:
Thanks Sean. What affiliation does Wilt have with Voom? How does he "get things done"?

Thanks again!!!

He is the VP of Engineering. So you will be in good hands. He is the "man" no question about it.

Sean I just got an e-mail back from ( Lori Hinchman , I am located in VOOMS corporate office and I was asked to contact you by Wilt. ) and she is having someone contact me about the problem and is going to get it fixed . I dont know if I should list her e-mail address here or not for others to contact? Let me or should we just stay with people contacting Wilt?

LOBO2999 said:
Sean I just got an e-mail back from ( Lori Hinchman , I am located in VOOMS corporate office and I was asked to contact you by Wilt. ) and she is having someone contact me about the problem and is going to get it fixed . I dont know if I should list her e-mail address here or not for others to contact? Let me or should we just stay with people contacting Wilt?

I wouldn't list her email address. Wilt is a good man to go to, and he'll direct folks to who they need to talk to. Let's keep it like that. We don't want this lady getting hammered with emails about all kinds of stuff that she probably has no control over.

Is My STB bad? UGG!

E! Channel Reception

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)