VIP 722K wont connect to WET54G

engraver

Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
CA
I am trying to connect my Dish 722K to my network through a Linksys WET54G. I know the WET54G is connected to my network fine, I pinged the connection. I have connected my receiver but it wont connect to the network. Can anyone offer any advice, I appreciate it.

Do you have everything set with Static DHCP addresses? You must allow Dynamic DHCP addresses for the 722k to connect.

I guess I am lost. I did not realize the WET54G is a wireless bridge. I thought it was a wireless router. The best place to start is to read the owner's manual and ensure the bridge is connecting to your wireless access point/router.

Perhaps there is someone who has some experience with using a wireless bridge and specifically yours.

Can you connect a pc through the bridge and have it be seen on your network?

I have a Linksys WRT54G2 acting as a bridge with my 722 connected to it. I'm running dd-wrt in the router to have it act like a bridge, so I know it's possible. When I first set it up I connected a laptop to it to make sure I was able to get on my home network and see the internet before I connected the 722.

I think RickDee called it right that I need a Dynamic DHCP, unfortunately my ISP (AT&T) only offers a static IP so I think I'm screwed. Gonna try the Netgear WNDA3100 USB Adapter next. Wish me luck!!

I think RickDee called it right that I need a Dynamic DHCP, unfortunately my ISP (AT&T) only offers a static IP so I think I'm screwed. Gonna try the Netgear WNDA3100 USB Adapter next. Wish me luck!!

I'm think more likely that the 722 isn't working w/ a bridge. You need a router that allows dynamic IP w/in your home network that then talks to the ISP on it's assigned IP addy.

Self Installation Help Needed

"no signal" message

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)