Video Input

LlamaRid

Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
I currently have a 811 HD receive and its setup on Video 4 input
Now when a show is broadcast in HD and i want to change HD modes i go to Video 5 but i have no sound but there is picture but its all green i can switch between modes but its all green and no sound.

Sony 54' HDTV

Welcome aboard!

If the 811 is on Video 4, why are you switching to Video 5?

What do you mean by "HD Mode"? That's a pretty generic term.

well on video 5 i can switch between letter box, full zoom, grey bar etc.
but its all green
on video 4 i can only switch between SD modes

It sounds as if you are using component cables and one of them in not seated well. Check all of your cabling to make sure that they are seated all the way in and that they are red to red, etc.. You also have to add the audio red and white to your Video 5, that will get you the sound to video 5.

I had this happen at a customer's house. The component signal was displayed greenish and small. It was the TV setting. On his TV, you could change input signal type for the component port. It was set on VGA. We changed it to video. This corrected the problem. As Bobby said, you still need to hook your audio up for that port, because the component cables only carry the video.

Had this happen to my Dad's Mitsubishi. The HDTV input needed to be changed to YPbPr in the on screen menu's. The default was RGBHV. Without it switched it was green looking.

Unless I missed an option on my TV somewhere, I had to buy two RCA "Y" splitter cables to get my audio signal on both my component and composite inputs. You might end up heading down to your local rat shack and do the same :)

On the 811, you should have another set of audio outputs you can use. You would then have 2 sets of audio cables going to the TV. On mine, I have a set going to the TV for the DVI connection and another set that go to an RF converter that feeds by bedroom TV and computer(to record stuff).

chevyN8 said:
On the 811, you should have another set of audio outputs you can use. You would then have 2 sets of audio cables going to the TV. On mine, I have a set going to the TV for the DVI connection and another set that go to an RF converter that feeds by bedroom TV and computer(to record stuff).
YUP!

attachment.php

attachment.php

On my Sony RP, the HD component input is Video 5. Make sure that you connect the YPbPr cables from there to the connector closest to the DVI on the 811. You'll still need to connect the audio cables the the audio in on your Sony. You can use the Audio 1 or 2 connectors on the 811 for that.

Dish Network to Drop FSN Chicago effective 11/29

Tivo & 921

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)