Very newbie directv dvr question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

a1abdoc

Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
I have an old hughes directv receiver and an old single output dish mounted to my house running to one room. I am interested in upgrading to dvr but understand that I need two lines to have full functionality. My question is can I get the receiver now and use the dvr with the old dish and single line (without full functioning) until I get around to getting on the roof and installing a new dish and running a second line. Also to upgrade, do all I have to do is get a better dish and run another line? Do I need a multiswitch for only one room and what is a multiswich. I have never used the free installation but installed the basic dtv 4 times without prob. Thanks for the help.

I don't know
I have Dish Network and the receivers that need 2 lines have to have 2 lines to work.

I'll move this thread to the DirectTv area to see if someone else can help :)

You can install the DVR with one line, yes. You will not have the "dual-tuner" functionality that makes the Tivo so valuable i.e., you will only be able to record one show or watch one show Not record one, watch one & record two and watch a third taped show.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD - NFL Games (weeks 1-2)

Best HD D* reciever...please help..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)