V and H Tps for Satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
What do they mean by Satellites with V and H Tp's? And if I do an F1 Scan on my Viewsat Satellite receiver and motorized dish, does it automatically pick up all the V and H channels on the Linear or Circular Satellites?

V is vertical and H is horizontal. As long as you have an LNBF that will switch between polarities using the 13v/18V method, your receiver should scan both polarities. Does the Viewsat have blind scan? I didn't think it did...

V is vertical and H is horizontal. As long as you have an LNBF that will switch between polarities using the 13v/18V method, your receiver should scan both polarities. Does the Viewsat have blind scan? I didn't think it did...

Viewsat Extreme has blind scan , supposedly hardware . Think the Plarinum is suppose to have software blind scan ?

Wyr

V and H Tps for Satellites

Thanks Tron. The ViewSat does have Blind Scan but isn't an F1 scan better ie, to prevent duplicate channels? What advantage will a Blind Scan do for me?

A blind scan will search all available frequencies on a satellite for active signals. An "auto" scan (or F1 Scan on the VS) only searches for signals from a pre-defined transponder list.

V and H Tps for Satellites

Blind scan would be necessary to pick up wild feeds, such as news feeds, which come and go at different frequencies all the time.

Thanks for the info Mrweather and Tron, I will try a Blind Scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pay channels via the PC

Just got the Twinhan card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)