Using Round Dish for HR24 until spring?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hardwood63 said:
OK got a picture - darn compass was throwing me off for one thing. One question, when watch NCIS via satellite it says it is 720, when I switch it over to OTA it says it is in 1080. I didn't get a chance to fine tune the dish so could this be the reason or is it something else?
Thanks again for the help.

Change the resolution on the receiver to 1080 if that's what you prefer. Me, I'm a 720 guy myself unless it's blu-ray

OK - so 1080i on the dish is not as clear as OTA?? Never would have thunk that. Not a big deal seems we watch OTA 90% of the time anyway - at least until the new hunting shows start in the fall.

Generally speaking, ota will look a bit better than off of the dish. How much depends on how well the signal is distributed from the station to the satellite.

Like I said earlier I never did fine tune the dish - I finally got a good reading off my compass and reset the dish and it was working when I went down off the roof to check it, Satellite 101 transponders showing in the upper 80's to upper 90's. If you don't think fine tuning will help to get a picture like OTA then I'll call it good!
Thanks a bunch!

One other thing ... as you can probably tell I don't mess with this stuff too much ... I cannot get the beeping sound for the satellite aiming (HR24), I pulled up the setup menu where it has the "sound" selection and the instructions say to "highlight the tuner and press select" ... can't get it to highlight any of the tuner labels on the left of the screen just goes from tuner 1 to tuner 2 when I press the select button on the "sound" selection but no sound is generated. Wanted to try to fine tune the dish but without having the sound I need another person by the TV with phone - otherwise I use the phone's intercom feature when I am alone - worked great when I put up the round dish a few years back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR23-700 Won't Power UP

Moving back to DTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)