using DVR on the sathawk!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Ok checking out DVR function for the first time on my Solomend! How do you set a start time for recording? I only seem to be able to record when watching something live.There is a timer in settings but i think that only turns on the receiver.

If you go to the timer memu and select a timer you should then be able select whether you want that timer to either wake up the reciever or record.

My flash drive went bad recently so I haven't used the record function lately, but I did have mine set to record Quincy on a daily basis and it worked great. The only thing that frustrated me is the fact that the unit shuts down after finishing with a timer and since the unit doesn't remember the time/date when it's cycled between standby and on, the time/date has to be set each night and the unit left on for the timer to function the next day. This also makes setting more than one timer basically impossible. I really hope they fix this issue in the next firmware update.

I'm going to pick up a new flash drive soon, maybe an external hard drive. I don't seem to have much luck with the flash drives.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PBS on AMC 1

QQ Box in Ontario Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)