Use one receiver for 2 rooms via wireless remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slinky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
I'd like to supply the TV in my workout room with DTV. I'd like to "slave" this TV off the satelite receiver in my bedroom. That receiver would need remote channel changing via wired or wireless remote.
This product seems to do this......

http://www.rapidsatellite.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=23

Does anybody have any experience with this set-up?
Can anybody suggest a viable alternative?

Thanks alot.
Slinky

I used to pump the video from my great room into my bedroom. My receiver had a uhf remote so it worked well. Just had to run the wire through the wall into the bedroom.

Alvarez said:
I used to pump the video from my great room into my bedroom. My receiver had a uhf remote so it worked well. Just had to run the wire through the wall into the bedroom.

Thanks....
but i need a self contained solution.

I just set this up today I simply split the output of the reciever and then connected it to the TV in the living room and then connected it to the Den. I'm looking into getting this It has excellent reviews on pricegrabber (which is where I found the link). I don't know if this will be any help but there's what I'm doing :)

slinky said:
Thanks for the reply.....
Are you using it to split the output of a Satelite receiver or a Tivo?

If it is on a Sat receiver.....is the signal split with a common splitter?

I use the output from the COAX on the TIVO to my other tvs....i dont care about the pq in that room. Only in my bedroom i use the RCA's and Svideo

BTW i have that going to like 4 different tvs in the same house.....so when i go upstairs i can watch it there

Looks like a good solution to me.
So now i see that there are at least two Rx/Tx units and one that has the Tx as a replacement for a AA cell.....
anybody have any first hand knowledge of how well a unit like this will work in an environment of cordless phones (2.4 Ghz, 900Mhz, 5.8Ghz), as well as wireless LANS within the home as well as others nearby?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

More HDTV?

Htl-hd Cable Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)