USE HD RECEIVER AND HD TV WITH TRIPLE NLB DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WALLSIE

Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
FLORIDA
I am renting a fishing camp for two weeks later this summer. It has a triple LND dish, but no receiver or TV. Can I use my HD receiver (H24 200) and HD tv on that setup? I don't care if I get HDTV or not... I just want some TV. If this is possible, what do I need to do to set this up? I am a real novice at this stuff. Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
Yes, you can use the H24 with the older dish, but like you said, no hd. You will need to go into the setup menu and change the dish/lnb type to what you have there.

I tried to set this arrangement up a while back to see if I could get it to work. I couldn't. When I ran setup I got a message that there was a "problem communicating with the dish 771A." So then I ran setup again manually and changed the swith type to "multi-switch" and the the dish type to 3 LNB. When I clicked on "continue" and setup tried to verify the installation it failed (error on tuner 1). But when I went to the signal strenth meter I had strong signals (over 75) on all satellites. I assume that there is something that I am not doing, but I could not figure out what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you setting it to Slimline 3 lnb? If so, that's the problem. You have to set it to the old style 3 lnb.

No, I did set it to the old 3 NLB setting... and before I gave up I tried every combination available on the screen. No luck.

75 signal isnt good by any means but if you did have that 75 and were not pulling in video; it sounds like an aiming issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hook up sl3 to Hd 24-200 receiver

Customer Service Phone Disconnects