Use Antenna Connection To Record From Another Receiver?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Is it possible to connect the tv output of another receiver to a DVR antenna in and record it? I figure it would not work by connect it right up in that way but maybe there is a device that would make this possible?

if you can find an astc (i know i am getting that acronym wrong, but ah well) modulator, sure it will work no prob... Only problem is you are paying a few thousand for that modulator.

RF output on Dish receivers is NTSC.

Antenna in on ViP receivers is ATSC.

Not compatible.

The 625 or any other dish SD receiver does not have any kind of tuner, analog or otherwise.

The 942 does have an analog tuner but no encoding hardware, you can't record when tuned to an analog channel.

Dish DVRs only record the digital satellite or ATSC stream.

The 625 or any other dish SD receiver does not have any kind of tuner, analog or otherwise.

The 942 does have an analog tuner but no encoding hardware, you can't record when tuned to an analog channel.

Dish DVRs only record the digital satellite or ATSC stream.

Pepper,

I am pretty sure I have recorded analog signal with my 942. It's been a couple of years since I had it active though. It might be a good experiment to try this weekend as I don't have too much going on.

I must have been thinking something else when I said the 625 had an analog tuner.

Miner

Pepper,

I am pretty sure I have recorded analog signal with my 942. It's been a couple of years since I had it active though. It might be a good experiment to try this weekend as I don't have too much going on.
Miner

Pepper is right. I hooked up my 942 and when I tried to pause, skip back or record (the one analog station I could pickup), the 942 indicated it could not perform the desired action with analog input.

Miner

TurboHD packages

Do I need to have an external Switch with a 1000.2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts