USB Hub Not Working

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this... I got a POWERED USB Hub from Ebay. I needed it because I am planning to get an external HD. Currently I have the Sling plugged into the back and the WiFi adapter plugged into the front. I tried hooking the hub to the back then plugging both the WiFi adapter and sling into the hub and it doesn't work.What it seems to be doing is detecting one, then the other. When it detects the other the prior disconnects. In other words, it seems to be allowing one USB device at a time instead of simultaneously. I did plug both devices in one at a time to allow one to detect first then the other. When that did not work I reversed the order of plugging them in. Everything was plugged in securely as well and the power adapter was plugged into both the hub and the electric plug (the LED was on). I tried it three times plugging and unplugging and still the hub will only allow one device at a time. I am thinking that maybe it is either broken or possibly the power adapter that came with it is under-powered. I paid like $6 for the thing so maybe it's just junk. Here is the link to it:

7 Port USB 2.0 High-Speed HUB Powered + AC Adapter Free | eBay

My receiver is a 722k. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jay

Last edited:
I says it doesn't work with Apple notebooks maybe it doesn't like OS's other than MS. If that is the case it may not work w/ the linux that is on the VIP.

Sling adapter problem with 722

Annoying Epix message