Updates coming quickly recently.

Josh.M and brittanygarden

Just forced update to H379 on the Hopper 3 from H378 with a Hopper Plus on P12902.

So still the two major issue(s):

Issue #1
In the Diagnostics screen, Available Joey Software shows W152 W208 J278 J478 J578
but just like H378, it no longer shows the P versions which are needed for Hopper Plus, Wireless Joey 4, Joey 4 which are all Android TV devices.

Does anyone here have a Available Joey Software list on the Hopper 3 with H379 that shows more than what I listed above with the P versions.

When I goto Tools -> Technician Settings -> Download ATV files, it will show a box:
Download ATV Files 3000
This device is not currently targeted for
Android software
[OK]
Using the Hopper Plus to update by checking for update would also show Failed: No Tgt.

In H376, the nightly reboot is what fixed the Available Joey Software list with Android TV showing up as a Reset Hopper did not.

Reset Joey Files under Technician Settings also did not make a difference.

Without the P versions of the software showing up, the Android TV devices will not be able to update their software as it breaks the Check for software updates on the Android TV device itself.

Issue #2
H379 still has the issue where 119GB-120GB free is considered 100% full on the HDD so the last 119GB-120GB can't be used at all. The fix is either make it available with the correct % remaining or treat the HDD as 120GB less in capacity so the % meter for what's used is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Has anyone gotten H379 for the H3 Plus? My other H3 got the H379 but not my H3 Plus.
I'm showing both of your Hopper 3's on H379 but the APK is outdated for your Hopper Plus and Wired/Wireless Joey 4's.

To update:
Settings > About > Software Update

It needs to be done twice to ensure you receive the correct APK.

The current versions are:
Hopper+: P13008
Joey 4: P53008
Wireless Joey 4: P63008

I'm showing both of your Hopper 3's on H379 but the APK is outdated for your Hopper Plus and Wired/Wireless Joey 4's.

To update:
Settings > About > Software Update

It needs to be done twice to ensure you receive the correct APK.

The current versions are:
Hopper+: P13008
Joey 4: P53008
Wireless Joey 4: P63008
Thanks

Seems to be stable for the past few months of using it. Too bad it still does not have MultiView.
MultiView will be like every other feature DISH has said will be available in the future, it will NEVER happen.

Edit to add. I AM STILL WAITING FOR PIP ON MY 4K JOEY!

Sent from my iPhone with Chrome real Satelliteguys don’t use tapatalk!

Last edited:

Dish Hopper 3 Doesn't recognize external hard drive

Signal drop outs questions