Update! "customer waiting for installer to show" They are here!

J3ff said:
for 119, 11/12 is 107/103
for 121, 11/12 is 94/91
for 61.5, i cant seem to find an 11, for 12 is 107
Are you sure your getting a signal off 121 you would need a Superdish for that satellite not a Dish 500? You should be getting 119, 110 & 61.5.

I missed the typo, too! :D

Anyway, with a pair of Twins, you've got to have an external switch, too.

Considering you have a 3 tuner (522 & 311) setup, I'll bet you've got a DP34 out there. IIRC, it should show up on the Check Switch screen. That also means you've got DishPro Twin LNBFs. And I'll be5 the second cable on the 61.5 dish isn't hooked up.

so what does that mean? :) I assume that's good?

So far so good with this DVR, however im just working out the menus.

One most annoying thing i have found so far is that when a call comes in and it doesnt have a name, the caller id thing doesnt seem to show up at all. When it has a name its there really fast, otherwise its a no go, annoying, but thats it, oh well.

thanks for all your help!

One other question. How do i get this thing to put out dolby digital to my digital reciever?

Are there only certian channels with dolby digital (5.1) like on cable?

You can use an optical (TOSlink) cable from the 522 to your audio receiver. 9 times out of 10 you will not find a program that is outputting DD5.1

Some premium channels will and maybe some PPV. That's it. If it was the 811 and you had HD then those channels would have DD5.1 more often.

Yeah i am using an optical cable. So nothing except movies are usually 5.1 i guess, oh well.

Yep. When I had the 510 when we had DISH the only thing we ever had that had DD5.1 was one PPV movie. My audio receiver has a blue LED that comes on when DD5.1 is playing.

yeah i got a red light to tell me whats up :) right now its in dolby 2.0 which i assume is Pro-Logic. Correct?

J3ff said:
yeah i have that virtual 5.1 too, but theres nothing like the real 5.1
That depends on what the content producer does with it. I've seen far too many programs where they send 5.1, but 4 channels are empty. I'd rather have PCM stereo so my Sony STR-DE695 can work it's virtuallizing magic - which is simply amazing!

I currently have a Sony A/V receiver. It's about 3 1/2 years old.

The one you have SimpleSimon is the one I'm looking to get. Does it's component inputs and output pass the HD signal?

Neutron said:
I currently have a Sony A/V receiver. It's about 3 1/2 years old.

The one you have SimpleSimon is the one I'm looking to get. Does it's component inputs and output pass the HD signal?
You betcha!

I got my STR-DE695 as part of the HT-7700DP HT-in-a-box. Came with 7 speakers - 5 little ones, one front center, powered sub-woofer and a 5-disc DVD progressive scan, component output.

It's got component video switching - with digital audio hookups for the DVD player (coaxial) and a 921 (optical). Works great - one-button switching. I keep my 921 at 1080i driving my Philips 60" RPTV which auto-switches itself when you fire up a DVD.

Also has like 9 or 50 or whatever audio modes. You can do amazing things with CD music through the DVD player.

Plus, some of the 2-channel (PCM 48K - standard E*) cinema modes are unbelievable - scene music and sound effects like rain get pushed to the surround speakers so dialogue doesn't get muddy. Vehicles travelling side-to-side get "extended" off-screen to the appropriate rear speaker. It's like there's an elf in there with a sound mixer. :D :yes :)

Dish Network is no different than any other antenna. It MUST be grounded properly, minimum to the National Electric Code, and legally, to local electrical building codes, whichever is more stringent.

ALWAYS to household ground to prevent ground faults. NOT a separate ground source.

Though, there are DNSC FSMs who couldn't find ground to save their lives and hordes of contractors who couldn't find their arse with both hands never mind ground, so get some #10 solid copper wire and bond from the dish assembly to the household ground yourself.

Basic Installation Experiences?

Quad 500 set-up info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)