Unreal difference in quality with this setup !!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
Try this one on for size guys .........Is it possible to have a 2 fortec receivers move my dish with a SG2100. (run a splitter into the motor ???) I have them hooked up to a QPH-031 lnb. (one in the office and one in the living room). Right now the one in my office moves the dish and the one in the living room is connected straight to the lnb and may I add what a major , major difference in guality strength. 30-40 higher with the straight cable into lnb. So actually I may not want to be able to move the dish with both receivers, but I want to know if it can be done. Thanks to those that respond .... MK

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes you can......However don't keep them both on at the same time, if you do then they will fight for control. There would be two ways to do it. Number one would be with a diseqc switch before the motor. Run both outputs from the reciever into the switch and use one diseqc option for one reciever and another option for the other reciever.

Other option would be running your second reciever from the baseband output of the first reciever. If cable length is a problem you might could use a bullet amp inline. However the diseqc switch is probably the best way to go. And I would only leave one reciever on at a time. You don't want both recievers fighting to control the motor. If the diseqc options are set up right you might avoid that problem.

I definately understand the conflict issue with both receivers on and I can almost visualize the connections but I would feel much more comfortable with a visual example or even a crude drawing. 1 switch or 2 ?????

I did something similar once (DiSEqC 1.2) and it just mixed each receiver up eventually, but I have never tried it with USALS.

There should not be such a drop in signal quality from each cable run! I would try another run of cable or renew the cable ends on the cable you are using!

First try swapping ports in the LNB in case thats the problem.

It is a brand new Invacom and when I switch cables I get the same numbers, so that rules out bad cable on the long runs. The one cable is running thru a diseqc switch and then thru the motor, so that may be it, but the only thing I haven't checked is the short cable between the motor and switch. Thanks for the suggestion and I am going to check that tomorrow morning.

:yes :yes

I would think a simple 2x1 diseqc switch. That switch would have two inputs and one output depending on how you visualize it. Put the diseqc switch before the motor. Take the cable from each reciever and connect to the two inputs. Take the output and loop that through the motor and take the output of the motor and send that to the LNB like you do now.

I don't have a fortec ultra I have a 786V3. On my setup under the "antenna" setup you drop down to the diseqc setting and turn the diseqc on and then select the "mini" A option for the reciever connected to input "A" and the mini B option for the reciever connected to input "b" on the diseqc switch.

It might be different on your reciever as I don't know what model you have. You might have to play around with it a bit and you can probably visualize it a little better by going through your manual and reading up on the diseqc options.

The following link go's to the diseqc switches on sadouns website.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/DiSEqC/DiSEqC-multi-switches.htm

It's showing multiple dishes to one reciever but since the switches should be bi-directional I wouldn't see why you couldn't run two recievers off of one dish. When Sadoun see's this he might want to comment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G10 (Equity)

Got QPH-031

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)