Universal LNB brain teaser

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vacosta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
KCMO
I need some help with a simple set up. Two receivers connected by the loop through option to a 76cm dish pointing at G10. I only have the vertical channels on G10 set up so both receivers can view different vertical transponders at the same time. A standard LNB will let me watch T.V. from the slave unit whether or not the master is turned on or off, no problem. When I use a Universal LNB, I either have to have the master turned on in order to see anything on the slave unit or turned off, depending on which Lo I use (9750 or 10600 with 22K on) I don't care much for the Universal LNB since I'm in Kansas City and the lower range of frequencies are of no use. I only bought it for the lower noise figure. I'd go back to using the standard LNB but then I couldn't watch the TUBE!!

Try setting up your Universal LNBF as a standard and use 09750 as the L.O.

1- Do you have both the Master and Slave receivers setup for UNIVERSAL LNBF in their menus?

2- Have you tried using 10600, 22KHz: ON, and LNBF Type: STANDARD LNBF (even though you have UNIVERSAL LNBF on the Dish)?

3- What receiver make/model are you using for Slave? Master?

make sure both are set for 10600 22k ON

I've tried this setup and that is the only way for it to work. If the main unit is on Universal, when you turn the unit off it goes back to 9750 LO and 22k OFF

I have a Coship CDVB2300B (master) and a Visat or Viacast 1500 (slave). I set up the master for standard LNB with a Lo of 9750 and got the slave to work with the master turned on or off, however it only worked for Tp 1 and Tp 5. The other higher Freq. Tp didn't work. When I tried Iceberg's setup of 10600 w/ 22K on, both receivers worked on all Tp but only with the master on. Once I turned off the Coship the Viacast went "No Signal!!" Maybe I can use the 1st setup of standard LNB w/ Lo set at 9750 if someone can tell me why the other Tp are not being picked up. (Tp 15, 21 etc.) Thanks for your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

An inexpensive equipment rack

Receivers and All-in-One-Units with AC3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)