Universal Dish Remote

Steve_in_FL

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Central Florida
I have Hopper 3 plus with Joeys, the Dish remote is great but I also watch while in bed and each button press produces an audible click that is actual kinda loud in the silence (I use wireless headphones too).

Can anyone recommend another compatible remote with UHF (or Bluetooth, not sure exactly what Dish uses) with silicone rubber buttons that are silent ? Preferably backlit but not absolutely required, Thanks

IR. Harmony remotes are great, and sales are tapering but support continues. I like them so much I bought two spares.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, not sure how I did it but I ordered the wrong remote. I got the echostar 4.4, The listing said "works with virtually every dish receiver"

I've not been able to get it to work with my joey 4, does anyone know how to do this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-15 8.56.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-15 8.56.56 PM.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 21
Well, not sure how I did it but I ordered the wrong remote. I got the echostar 4.4, The listing said "works with virtually every dish receiver"

I've not been able to get it to work with my joey 4, does anyone know how to do this ?
Oh, you didn’t mention that it was a Joey 4. The Joey 4 will only fully work with the 54 remote. Many things will work with that 40 remote but not all.

Which LNB is for which satellite?

Hopper 3 Software H376