UEFA CUP LIVE: Sporting vs. Halmstad: Th 9/29 @ 4:15pm

riffjim4069 said:
Where are these teams positioned in the standings?
Well, it's only the first round (second leg) of the UEFA Cup, so it is too early for standings.
In their respective national leagues:
Sporting is currently on the second place in Portugal,
Halmstad is on the 10th place in Sweden, out of 14...
I just checked.

Well, it turned out to be a very interesting game. Fight till the end!
I really enjoined it!

Next live game on Rush will be on Sunday at 1pm ET: Real Madrid vs. Mallorca.
See you then!

Super exciting game, with their European hopes on the line too. Phenomenal heroics by Halmstad.

Big bummer is, and Paul mentioned this on the air, with both Sporting and Auxerre out of UEFA cup play, that probably means no more UEFA coverage on WorldSport this season, since all other locations are too far to drive, set up, and return in time for regular La Liga coverage.

Ilya, do they use two trucks (lorries) now, as I think Paul alluded to last season, or do they still use a single truck? If they just have one, it's pretty admirable that they can do two events per week at all. And, for that matter, $5/month is an amazing value for two live Spanish/European matches per week.

Good question. I don't know if they are currently using the second truck or not.
I'll see if I can find out.

Two live games a week for three weeks in a row! This is more than we ever had with VOOM!
Good job, WorldSport!

a message rom Paul:

Glad you enjoyed the game - it was a fantastic ground and pretty tense (although extra time ruined our plans for dinner afterwards and made it a lte night for all of us)

I don't think it will ruin UEFA Cup plans, but it depends - because of range, we can't go too far afield as we need to get the truck back to Spain for a weekend game. That means we have a limit of around 1,500 km.

For example last year we got as far as Bruges, which was a long haul and my favourite venue so far....

They are in the Champions League this year, but there are Dutch teams such as AZ Alkmaar, who could also be in range - Marseilles and Monaco and Strasbourg are French teams still involved and Portuguese side Guimares also got through...All of those should be possible and I hope we carry on until they start doing the basketball again (also Spanish teams Sevilla and Espanyol also got through A big factor is the cost of TV rights which may rule Spanish sides out...

As you can guess, we are still using the old lorry: there is a new one in Portugal and we have another in Spain, but they seem to get hired out to other TV stations. Ie the Portuguese one was doing the game for their national TV and in Sevilla - Brazil, our new truck was hired to Tele 5.

Real Madrid tomorrow and then a week off. It has been good doing two games a week, but a rest will be welcome...

By the way you have no idea how happy we are not to have to return to Auxerre, it is very pretty, but it is small and there is nothing to do once you have seen it a couple of times....Also it is a flight to Paris (which we never actually see) and then a 3 hour drive down and up again after the game - so it makes it a LONG day.

cheers PAUL

HDnet Movies: The War Within (2005, Drama) 8:30pm ET & 11pm ET

Julien's Entertainment Auction - Live 10/29 on Gallery HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)