Twinhan VP 1020a with Starchoice LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DeepDishPie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Hey all, yet another question... :rolleyes:

I just picked up a Twinhan VisionPlus 1020a pci card and was trying to test it a little with my dish still pointed at AnikF1. I don't want to view the channels I just want to make sure the pci card and MyTheatre is working right before I try to point the dish towards G10r.

The card seems to be working fine, the drivers all went in fine, and MyTheater see's the card as well. Now when I do a channel scan of F1 in MyTheatre it say no channels found. Is this because they are encrypted? You would think that it would find the channels and tell me they are encrypted. But it should still find them since the dish IS pointed correctly towards AnikF1 (I got a signal strength of 85 on my DSR405).

The LNB settings in MyTheatre have three windows, LOF1, SW, and LOF2. I set the LOF1 to 10750000. I left the other two at 0, is this right?

DeepDishPie said:
Hey all, yet another question... :rolleyes:

I just picked up a Twinhan VisionPlus 1020a pci card and was trying to test it a little with my dish still pointed at AnikF1. I don't want to view the channels I just want to make sure the pci card and MyTheatre is working right before I try to point the dish towards G10r.

The card seems to be working fine, the drivers all went in fine, and MyTheater see's the card as well. Now when I do a channel scan of F1 in MyTheatre it say no channels found. Is this because they are encrypted? You would think that it would find the channels and tell me they are encrypted. But it should still find them since the dish IS pointed correctly towards AnikF1 (I got a signal strength of 85 on my DSR405).

The LNB settings in MyTheatre have three windows, LOF1, SW, and LOF2. I set the LOF1 to 10750000. I left the other two at 0, is this right?

Try 10750000 0 10750000 .

Be sure to apply the settings .

Be sure to select power on in the setup menues .

Be sure the coax is connected to the correct " F " connector on the back of the card .

Do you have a signal meter to check to see if you are getting signal ? If not , as much as I dis like it , download Prog Finder & check all the transponders on the sat .

Wyr

In MyTheatre, if it finds a channel that is not FTA, ie it is encrypted, the channel will still scan in, it will just show up in red and not green in the channel list. Red channel = encrypted, Green channel = Open. To make things less complicated, connect the LNBF output directly to the satellite card and bypass any switches you may have. Once you have that working, then add in any switches if needed.
What type of StarChoice LNBF do you have? They use various types... standard, stacked, quad. If other than the standard, you will also have to setup those parameters in MyTheatre as well.
MyTheatre is a great program. I use it for my unattended recordings on G10R, but have it setup for IA7 and a few of the AMC satellites as well. Previous versions had problems switching from one sat to another and you would end up with zero byte recording, but I have not had it happen with ver 3.31 yet. The newest drivers for the card can be found on Twinhans web site.
http://www.twinhan.com/download_driver&software.asp
You want the DVB-S PCI Series TwinHanDTV 2.606 driver for your card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 3500s

Question Re Larger KU Sat Dishes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)