TwinHan 102g w/ DishNetwork

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
Is it possible to use the output feed from the DP34 switch to connect to the TwinHan 102g card?

I just got it in yesterday, had it working for about 5 minutes shut down the software and back to nothingness.

I installed their drivers several time but no dice. Through their software I get around 60-70% signal and about 75-85% quality, but it never says it can find a channel.

Needless to say I'm fairly new to this. Read tons, but this is my first practical experience. Figured I'd start cheep w/ a PC card and my E* dishes that I know I get signal on.

I did try connecting it to one of the 4 outputs on the DP34 and that was far less effective. Both my 622 boxes started searching for signal. :)

Well after much testing and tweaking I answered my own question.

Can you use the output from the DP34 to get signal to your FTA card? The answer is very much so yes.

I tried linking 119 & 61.5 to see if I can pick up anything interesting. Off of 119 by itself I can get 3 channels clear. NASA, CBS & NBC oddly enough. My next test is to get something from 61.5 :)

yes you can use the output of a DP34 to a FTA box. Set the diseqc as 1,2,3 (depending on which port what satellite is hooked up to)

I did that a while back with my DP34 and FTA box. 119 has NASA, Angel One and the audio channels. The thing with a DP34 is its stacked frequencies. The H transponders are V and are in the 13000 range. I forget the exact way to do it but a blind scan takes care of it :)

Thread on subject
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=52118&highlight=dishpro

Thanks, I'll take alook at that.

I'm using the software they offer .. it has circular which from some forum I found dish was supposed to use (old forum message) once I used that magically I got something..

The software doesn't have what I would assume is a blind scan, you choose the sat and then scan based on the frequencies it says are on the sat.

Well at least this brings me in to the FTA realm :) now to see if my brother still has that old D* dish. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What to do next: receiver, LNB, Dish, what?

Blind Scan Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)