tvs in a fitness center using antenna

slater10

Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Hello,

I'm opening a new fitness center. We will have around 25 tv's in the gym, most of them on the cardio equipment. So far I can not get cable. So to use dish, I would have to get a box I am told for each channel I want with dish and use them as a type of server. Each piece of equipment has tv contols on them and I can not have a box out by each machine and use a controler. Each controller would operate other boxes, be a mess and such. Any ideas on how to do this a better way. I've thought about an antena on the building and by the digital converter boxes for the tv monitors and seeing what channel's I get through the air, not sure on that either. Looking for help?

Thanks

1 box per channel.. dish makes it easy with the modulation they use which can pick any channel number.. (though you can buy boxes that take red/white/yellow to coax) then just run cable to each tv.. keep the boxes in some locked up room somewhere.. (make sure it has enough A/C)..

cable would be the same.. though if you have it in a gym everyone will expect you to get a commercial account (since numerous people will be watching) the price changes for that btw..

cheap answer

All those new 25 TV sets come with digital tuners.
What does cable/satellite offer that your customers need while they sweat?

Are you located too far from a major source of Off The Air TV stations??

Yes... new tvs have tuners built in, so you should be good to go on that front... for dish or cable, you'd probably need one box per tv... Of course, you could go fta? Another option might be to have some sort of media server hooked up and put laptop type setups out on the excercise machines to avoid having wires all over the place... while you are at it, put in a few wiis for the kids, and/or the big kids....

Should I drop Dish?

Missing HD channels and pixelation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)