TV/SAT Indoor Amplifier

Status
Please reply by conversation.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi guys , wondering if anybody can tell me what is the correct way to connect a Tv/Sat Amplifier - Frequency range : for Tv 47 - 860 MHz
Frequency range : for Sat 950 - 2150 MHz
to amplify weak signal , As it says indoor amp. that's means to be connected indoor near the receiver , By doing so the weak signals pass through down cable 35m ( 99 ft ) long coming from the DiSEqC switch at the top , the weak signals become very weak due to the resistance of the cable , Then the amp. will amplify very weak signals instead of weak signals .
I am thinking if I connect the amp. at the top near the DiSEqC switch , in this case the amp. will amplify weak signals but not very weak signals , so that they can overcome the resistance of the long down cable .

Any thoughts you would have be gratly appreciated .

an amplifier (in this applicatino) will only help keep the signal at the same level when it is 100 feet away as if it was 10 feet away

translation...it WILL NOT help a poor signal at the source...only if you are running it 200 feet

100 feet won't make a difference...it might actually hinder it. I'm running 150 feet with no issues...I tried it closer and same signal :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Upside down homade dish mount

How to determine if I can see the sat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)